• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Buying a new Computer with Vista

inaworldoflint

Hello, I just looked at a great computer at Best Buy. It is a Dell i503 and it has Windows Vista operating system. Someone in the store (not the clerk) said that Vista prevents all copying of any DVD's, CD's etc. that are protected, and that any of the software like AnyDVD and CloneDVD would be rejected by the system and would not work! Is there any truth to this?? Or is there anything I should know, or was he just full of s#*t? thanks for any help jimmy

Hello, I just looked at a great computer at Best Buy. It is a Dell i503 and it has Windows Vista operating system. Someone in the store (not the clerk) said that Vista prevents all copying of any DVD's, CD's etc. that are protected, and that any of the software like AnyDVD and CloneDVD would be rejected by the system and would not work! Is there any truth to this?? Or is there anything I should know, or was he just full of s#*t? thanks for any help jimmy

I know people who use AnyDVD and CloneDVD on Vista with no problems, thats why I dont listen to sales people at Best Buy, and I would say he is full of it, I am sure more user's will chip in on this.

The person in the store didn't know what they were talking about. The Slysoft & Elaborate Bytes software operates perfectly under Vista 32-bit and 64-bit.

Talking out his ass. Vista does need more horsepower to run but overall I prefer it to XP.

Ummm . . .

Wow. It's one thing to not know anything; it's quite another to be paid to not know anything and to espouse complete nonsense. :doh: Was this guy trying to sell you another computer or something?

In life, you know what I really like? I really like honest people that tell me, "I don't know" instead of lying to me. I really respect people that try not to b.s. me (this also goes for professors, who tend to be the worst offenders imo . . . but I digress). If you don't know something, there's no harm in telling someone that you'll look up the answer and get back to them.

Anyway, I'll stop rambling now.

:rock: Thanks all!!!!
The clerk was honest and said he didn't know, it was someone listening, evesdropping, being nosy. He heard me say I need a system I can put a Blu Ray burner in and had the power to do it. That's when he butted in and said Vista would not copy any protected CD, DVD, or Blu Ray. You all have been helpful, thank you very much!!!!!

First mistake: Going to Best Buy for a Dell PC.
Second mistake: listening to anything that an employee of BB tells you about a PC and most likely anyone shopping there. :D
Have you checked Dell's site for the same PC? You might get a better deal and be able to customize it to suit your needs.

Back