• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Burning to BD-R

ron spencer

Well....I just box a box pf Verbatim BD-R's and for fun thought I would convert some HD DVDs to BR...that was easy and plays nicely on the PC.

So...I then burned to BD-R via my LG BR Burner at 2x. Plays perfectly on PC. I used ImgBurn and UDF 2.5 with BDMV at root of course.

I have an LG BH200 standalone. It will see the BD-R fine...but opens it as data. I just want to be sure, using ImgBurn as I stated above should be enough to burn video right? Any reason why the BH200 standalone would see this right away as data as opposed to video? Again the file structure is exactly as it should be. I used txMuxer. Perhaps this is just the LG hardware thing.

Thanks

If it just sees it as data then I would suspect that the conversion hasn't worked properly. I would have bought a few BD-RE's to test with first and copied an original disc (with copy protection removed) first just to check everything is working fine. Just because the file structure looks right and it plays on a PC doesn't mean that the video files are standalone compliant

adbear is absolutly right i recently burned speed racer to a BD-RE like i do first with all my movies just to test it and although it played perfect on the PC my playstation 3 would not even see the disc so i re burned it again and all was good im not sure what i did wrong the first time but the second time was fine and then i burned it to a BD-R i do this and im sure adbear does it for the same reason because these damn discs are to expensive to be wasting them like that

video files are fine....converted via the guides here.

I think I need to check other players

LG BH200...the burn plays on neighbours samsung BR fine.

@ ron spencer

http://www.blu-ray.com/players/

I have found that a LOT of Blu-ray players don't have the options that I want them to do, typical example like playing BD-5 and BD-9 disks, only BD-R and BD-RE disks.

Be sure if you get a new Blu-Ray player that you check out the options first and see if the new player will do what you want it to do.

The above web site is good for selecting the options you want your new Blu-ray player to have and finding the new right Blu-ray player.
:agree:

P.S.
My LG GBW-H20L has all the options I wanted and works great.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the link!!!

my player did play BD-R....but I just found out the goofs at LG removed that option with the June firmware (how dumb is that). April's will play it fine....at least my burn works (and conversion from HD DVD to BR).

It is too bad that BD-R is not supported by alot of standalones....just dumb. Everyone of my DVD players, even waaaaaay back to the Toshiba SD4800 played recordable media.

BlaH!!!! :bang:

Back