• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Burning DVDs takes forever

Zeratul

ever since i built my comp (last fall) it has taken me about 1 1/2 hours to burn a full dvd (4.7 gb image or divx files). :mad:

my specs : Pentuim D 805 (overclocked to 4.1ghz), 2x1gb ddr2 820 ram, Asus p5wd2-e premium, ati x1600 pro (512 mb vram), 6x250gb sataII harddrives (raid 5, 1 tb usable), liquid cooling.

sony dru-820 (<< my problem i think)

i burned a dvd today in my families comp, it took 5 min for the same exact file that took 1 1/2 hours on my comp. :mad:

my families comp specs are nothing, pentium4 2.6ghz, 1 gb ram, 450 hard drive, so im guessing that its my dvd drives fault.

is there any way to test this? any suggestions?

the only thing i can think of is to swap dvd drives and see the difference, but i would rather not take the comps apart.

any help is much appreciated ! :agree:

You could try swapping burners to rule out hardware issues. Also, check to see if PIO needs to be changed to DMA mode. Worst case scenario would be to slick your primary drive and reload your OS. Have fun...

:bowdown: :bowdown: WE'RE NOT WORTHY:bowdown: :bowdown:
SLYSOFT is the SHIZNIT!!!

ive got a dual boot, vista ultimate and xp pro, so i doubt its my os.

im going to swap out the drives today, let you know what happens:)

i got it working :clap:

i checked dma/pio. it was pio. i changed it to dma. rebooted, then wierd things started happening.

if i had a dvd in the drive with video on it, nero couldnt open it up. some odd error ive never seen before. if i put in a dvd or cd with exe files on it, if i clicked the exe it would say "such and such is not a valid win 32 application", when i reenabled pio the wierd things went away.

ugh

so i decided to just rip it out and swap it with the drive from my families comp. (memorex 5395-8688) after i swapped it, it says ultra dma 2 (i dont have much idea what that means besides its a lot faster than before). i burned 2 files to seperate dvds, a 800mb and a 1400 mb. the 800 took 1 1/2 min instead of about 15 min and the 1400 mb one took 2:10 instead of 30 min!!! i also burned a 4.7 gb dvd image, it took 4:00!!!! instead of 1 1/2 hours!!!:D

for some odd reason it also cleared up my audio and video lag while burning a dvd or cd

thanks for the sugestions! :D

ps: it appears my drive (the sony dru820a) works on dma (ultra dma 4, should the one on my comp be udma 2 or 4? how would i go about changing it if its wrong? )on my families comp. the pos

Last edited:
When you choose "DMA if available", the OS will choose the correct DMA so I wouldn't worry which it is.

Back