• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Burning a digital copy dvd ..

SERIOUS7

Has anybody been successful trying to burn one of these dvd's that's found in a store brought Blu-ray dvd ...?

If so , please share the info because i've tried and fail , my burner won't even read that type of dvd...
:confused:

you can't, digital copies come in varies mobile formats such as .avi that have a drm protection. That drm needs to be removed first before it can be played on a standalone. Slysoft does not have such a product.

Has anybody been successful trying to burn one of these dvd's that's found in a store brought Blu-ray dvd ...?

If so , please share the info because i've tried and fail , my burner won't even read that type of dvd...
:confused:

Wait let me get this straight you said you bought a digital dvd copy but can't play it on your dvd burner? What kinda software did you if you did use to play it to see if it was even a working copy to begin with? And since there is no name to what the digital copy dvd was since there is no such wording only digital copy in name not "DVD".

Here's a short brief as why you won't be able to do the copy either....

There are two types of Digital Copy. The first is a copy made in advance and included on the disc. The second is created dynamically from the DVD content itself. In both scenarios the publisher decides which content, formats, digital rights management (DRM) systems and technical parameters are used for the Digital Copy. Digital Copy systems based on existing pregenerated files are less flexible than dynamic transcoding solutions.

Digital Copy files based on existing files include only one audio track and no subtitles, although the DVD itself may have multiple audio tracks and multiple subtitles. Also, the quality is limited by the bitrate used to encode the file which is typically relatively low and not adjusted to the device to be transferred to.

Digital Copy files based on transcoding solutions can use the correct audio track and subtitle based on the user's location or choice and individually create the digital copy based on the target device properties (video and audio bitrate, display resolution, aspect ratio).

Most often, Digital Copy solutions offer Windows Media or Apple iTunes files with their respective DRM services, Windows Media DRM and FairPlay. Newer solutions also provide support for Sony PlayStation Portable and phones using 3GP video files and Open Mobile Alliance DRM. Some publishers limit their digital copies to Microsoft operating systems and devices. Linux-based desktop operating systems are unable to play this content. Apple computers and devices are not supported by their digital solution.

To limit the number of free copies, the disc typically comes with a single-use code to authenticate a computer over the Internet. Alternatively, content owners can offer the Digital Copy feature as a paid service. Often the authentication code has an expiration date, rendering the copy invalid if it is unused after that time.

I brought a Blu-ray dvd that comes with a digital copy and the digital copy is what i was trying to burn...

well you can't. As i said they are DRM protected and can only be played back on a software player on your computer

Back