• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Burning 4K rips from HBO Max to Blu-Ray?

XC_3730C

I just bought a lifetime license of AnyStream Plus and downloaded a few 4K/UHD movies from HBO Max. Each one should fit on a 25GB Blu-Ray disc. I have a Blu-Ray burner and many 25GB discs so could someone tell me if and how it is possible to burn these MP4s to a Blu-Ray for play on a 4K Blu-Ray player?

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I just bought a lifetime license of AnyStream Plus and downloaded a few 4K/UHD movies from HBO Max. Each one should fit on a 25GB Blu-Ray disc. I have a Blu-Ray burner and many 25GB discs so could someone tell me if and how it is possible to burn these MP4s to a Blu-Ray for play on a 4K Blu-Ray player?

Thanks!

You can also trial or buy software from Cyberlink or VSO that can convert your MP4 files into a Blu-ray format, which you can then burn into a folder, ISO or Blu-Ray disk.

:)

Do I need a Blu-Ray burner specifically for UltraHD? I currently have an ASUS BW-16D1X-U

Last edited:
Do I need a Blu-Ray burner specifically for UltraHD? I currently have an ASUS BW-16D1X-U

Any capable Blu-ray burner will do for the MP4 files.

Please check the Blu-ray forum of this site for more information. If I recall, you might need a different burner for 4K Blu-ray.

Edit: please check the forum section I told you about for more information.

Edit 2: the correct format is called Blu-ray.

No you don't. Be aware that the LG clones are lousy burners for BD50. They burn BD25 OK. But mostly these streaming files are way smaller and BD25s will be more than sufficient.

No you don't. Be aware that the LG clones are lousy burners for BD50. They burn BD25 OK. But mostly these streaming files are way smaller and BD25s will be more than sufficient.
Good to know! What burner do you reccomend for BD50 or higher?

You can also trial or buy software from Cyberlink or VSO that can convert your MP4 files into a Blu-ray format, which you can then burn into a folder, ISO or Blu-Ray disk.

Would I be able to include the .SRT subtitle files with the MP4's to create a burnable 4K Blu-Ray?

in TsMuxer there is definitely a BD conform PGS from SRT. This will also work in Cyberlink, but other content will probably be lost there, such as HDR or DV

in TsMuxer there is definitely a BD conform PGS from SRT. This will also work in Cyberlink, but other content will probably be lost there, such as HDR or DV
Well as long as there isn't any quality loss or the need to recompress, I am fine. Thos photo is a shot of the quality settings when downloading 4K from HBO Max179b891faec6e1433c3e711633bc7239.jpg

Works great and fast! (y) I guess for most videos a DVD is good enough and no BDs are needed if they should be burned. FYI - even it's a DVD-R you can play those in a BD player.

use TsMuxer, add the mp4 and output the file as ISO and now you can burn the iso with imgBurn, for example

Maybe there is something that I just don't know and you can straighten me out.

If I mux a MP4 file with any audio format other than an AC3 with TsMuxer and output that file as ISO and burn with imgBurn to a BD disc, that disc will not play on a standalone BD player or a PC 4K BD drive using PowerDVD. I normally convert all my MP4 files with DD+/ACC audio to the AC3 audio format using Wondershare Uniconverter, then use TsMuxer, burning the BD disc with imgBurn and it works fine with any BD player.

Thus is there a way to use TsMuxer on a MP4 file containing Dolby Digital+ audio, burn it to a BD disc and get a BD player to play it? This would save the long Uniconverter conversion step time.

I would disagree that all LG burners are bad for 50gb disc. I agree some of a particular model are and some are good. Depends on the luck of the draw
whether you get a good or poor one.

Back