• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

BD 50GB

Did you only burn UHD films on these blanks? Cloning BD to BD 50 behaves differently when burning and never causes problems.
I can confirm my results for at least the last 15 months. Always the same media code and everything burned to Pioneer at 2x speed. Whether the 206 or the 212 does not matter. Films are still running perfectly.

Thanks re. 15 months and same with BDR-206 or BDR-212 (did not know / recall that you had both of these drives). :)

So far I have only tested burns of video discs, but they were simply burned using 'write files and folders...' mode in Imgburn where I simply manually select the BDMV folder and then the CERITIFCATE folder and burn them at 4x as UDF 2.6 video mode.
Not sure what you mean "cloning BD to BD50 behaves differently when burning". Behaves differently from what? With what types of burns are you having issues? I only use CloneBD to create the folders, then I use ImgBurn to actually burn the data using the mode / settings I mentioned.

Not sure what you mean "cloning BD to BD50 behaves differently when burning". Behaves differently from what? With what types of burns are you having issues? I
I mentioned last that UHD BD has different layer sizes than normal BD (23.3 GB or 33 GB). The layer break causes considerable problems when burning with regard to dropouts in picture and sound.
@coopervid can confirm this phenomenon.

I mentioned last that UHD BD has different layer sizes than normal BD (23.3 GB or 33 GB). The layer break causes considerable problems when burning with regard to dropouts in picture and sound.
@coopervid can confirm this phenomenon.

Thanks.
Right, I understood the layer break and potential issues, but you said Cloning BD to BD50 while burning never causes any problems, so the two statements seemed contradictory; BUT based on your last reply, I now assume that by "cloning BD" you're referring to HD and not UHD? If so, then it would all make sense... :)

So far I have had zero issues with dropouts playing back UHD backups. Which Blu Ray player are you using? I know from past experience that some players are better than others with reading blanks and with error correction during playback.
Mine are Sony UBP-X800M2 (I have two of them).
I will explicitly test one of my backups end to end, just to be 100% sure there are no problem at the layer break point specifically.

Thanks again for the feedback since you've been at this 15 months, whereas I have been backing up my library only for several weeks now. I have plenty of CD and DVD burning experience over the years with many different burners and programs (brings back memories), but Blu Ray burning is something new for me.

Last edited:
BUT based on your last reply, I now assume that by "cloning BD" you're referring to HD and not UHD? If so, then it would all make sense... :)
Now you got me right (y) That's the point I wanted to mark out. Most of my HD films are shrinked except for some concerts.

Last edited:
For Blu Ray playback I'm using driffrent players. A Sony UBPX700 for UHD media and Blu Ray and some Panasonic players for nornal Blu Ray only

For Blu Ray playback I'm using driffrent players. A Sony UBPX700 for UHD media and Blu Ray and some Panasonic players for nornal Blu Ray only

A good, yes the 700 is a very good player!
I had one as well; I returned it since the 800M2 was on sale for $100 off and only $50 more than the 700 (also on sale). I liked the 800 build quality so much, I bought two (to replace 2 of my key non-UHD players). The 800M2 fits better (standard width) with my other A/V components on my stand.

Funny thing :D I purchased two of the 700 for replacement.

First I thought about the 800 too, but as far as i know ist doesn`t play DV. Am I right?

I'm currently burning Verbatim MID with the Pioneer at 2x. No-name MEDIARANGE discs. Will post result later.

First I thought about the 800 too, but as far as i know ist doesn`t play DV. Am I right?

There is an older 800; not sure about that. The 800M2 which I have does support / play Dolby Vision. Both 700 and 800M2 play SACD, but the 800M2 adds DVD-Audio support too and some other enhancements.

Last edited:
I'm currently burning Verbatim MID with the Pioneer at 2x. No-name MEDIARANGE discs. Will post result later.

Thanks for all the scans! My scan metrics are nowhere near that good with my Verbatim JP 4X, albeit mine have different MID. :(
When did you buy your 50 pack? I know manufacturers often change without notice.

Which Pioneer burner do you have?
I know the 212, pedr clubmyce quality scans, is technically "good but not as good as the 206/208" per one tester there; even the 209 is better than the 212.

I wish we had the same Pioneer burner.
Let me scan mine again; I think I used a USB hub for burning and scanning.

Mine all play fine in my home player without any issues at all - could not tell them apart from original for the most part (obviously video is compressed a bit but nothing noticeable).

These are the 4x Japanese discs MEIT02 imported.

Like mentioned I have a Pio-209. And the 2x burns confirm the quality difference. Pioneer had also sold an Optiarc drive as Pioneer that was much worse than the original Pioneer drives. But kufo is quite happy with his newer drive and burning these discs at 2x.

These are the 4x Japanese discs MEIT02 imported.

Like mentioned I have a Pio-209. And the 2x burns confirm the quality difference. Pioneer had also sold an Optiarc drive as Pioneer that was much worse than the original Pioneer drives. But kufo is quite happy with his newer drive and burning these discs at 2x.

Let me try burning 2X on my discs, thanks!
I know the 209 is reportedly slightly better than my 212; perhaps I should have just bought an older new stock drive; I was hoping that by getting a newer 212, there MIGHT be a firmware update to improve burning and better long term firmware support, but now second guessing my decision.
Let me check one of my LG BU40N burns with quality test.

I also suspect something is wrong with my scans since the numbers shown on my scans should have resulted in discs with playback / readability issues, yet all my discs load quickly and play flawlessly on my 800M2...

You have to watch closely in the middle of the movie when the layer break occurs. Standalone players just show some garbled frames and just continue with the playback.

You have to watch closely in the middle of the movie when the layer break occurs. Standalone players just show some garbled frames and just continue with the playback.

Right, thanks, I will watch one of them end to end to be safe, paying close attention to the middle.
Are you using Opti Drive Control 1.7 or 1.8?

My scans must be wrong since these are other's results with the BDR-212 https://club.myce.com/t/pioneer-bdr-212ubk-2212-212dbk/405781/89

C'mon! The pictures show 1.80 in the upper left corner. I will soon post the no-name disc with Verbatim MID. Will take some more minutes but I tell you Pio x2 with the MEI media code is unbeatable.

Back