• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

burn issue

moonlanding1

hi everyone. i have used clone bd for quite awhile with no problems however suddenly i get fails all the time. i have not been able to burn a backup bluray for a couple weeks now. i am doing everything all the same. i just burned the Allegiant with Leawo bluray copy and no problem. i obviously know that the leawo does not burn without the cinivia. my failed log is attached. i would be very happy for some help.

regards ken

Attachments

• failed log Allegiant 2nd try error code 163.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 15
Please do not hijack a topic for playlist discovery with a burn issue. Anydvd doesn't burn. Post split and moved. That said, the most common cause of failed burns are cheap blanks. What brand are you using?

my apologies. my first post on here. won't happen again. i do know that anydvdhd does not burn. i have clone bd. TDK DL blanks, also tried Falcon single layer bluray blanks. used TDK blanks for a few years now. the issue seems to be that i have remove cinevia selected and clone bd starts out like normal. it goes usually half way and then i get that error. i have two towers both with bluray rewriters (LG) same problem with both. no frisbees have been made yet because it craps out before it gets to the burning stage. i have wiped both towers and re-installed windows 7. all my other programs work just perfect. not sure what to do now.

Removing cinavia or not has no impact on burning whatsoever. Removing that is done during the encoding phase and well before the burn engine is started. You say it goes half way. Half way in what? Successfully completes the encode but only halfway during burning or does it only go halfway during the encode? If it fails during the burning part, 99% your blanks are to blame. Tdk is a pretty cheap and crappy brand. If it failed during burning, pick yourself up some verbatim (look for the AZO dye logo). That's about the best there's is. They're not exactly cheap but quality does have a price (as with everything).

i looked back on my initial post and i am sorry i worded it wrong. it never gets to the end of encoding. starts encoding and looks like it is encoding normally. and then about 15 to 25 minutes into the encoding, i get that fail message. it never does get to the burning stage. i have tried several blurays and i get the same result on both my computers. error code 163 also comes up.

many apologies for my wrong wording.
ken

No need for apologies, such things happen. The main thing is we've established something happens during the encoding. Can't say I've seen anyone mention error 163 before. When the encode aborts, you should see 2 blue buttons about halfway in the top middle. Click the one that says 'create logfile', do that for each problematic disc and attach them here (perhaps email them to bugs@elby.ch too and describe what happens) so one of the developers like @Reto can take a look at them.

did that about an hour ago so hopefully they will see it tomorrow when they start work. i have even tried a couple that previously worked without problems. same error this time now. i sent 2 log files to bugs@elby.ch just for a test i tried to decode disc without the "remove cinevia" button checked off and same message. i also thought maybe it isn't coded with Cinevia so i made a copy using leawo bluray copy program and it copied just fine but when i put it in one of my BD players i got the warning on the screen. so i know it is coded. puzzled i tell ya. lol

did that about an hour ago so hopefully they will see it tomorrow when they start work. i have even tried a couple that previously worked without problems. same error this time now. i sent 2 log files to bugs@elby.ch just for a test i tried to decode disc without the "remove cinevia" button checked off and same message. i also thought maybe it isn't coded with Cinevia so i made a copy using leawo bluray copy program and it copied just fine but when i put it in one of my BD players i got the warning on the screen. so i know it is coded. puzzled i tell ya. lol

Hello Moonlanding,

I'm seeing this strange effect the first time.

About this:

and then about 15 to 25 minutes into the encoding, i get that fail message. it never does get to the burning stage.

It happens at the very beginning of the burning stage, conversion is complete (burning starts at the point where the progress bar changes to a darker color).
It also has nothing to do with Cinavia.

What I can gather from your log file:
"Only UDF 2.60 physical partition should be recorded in SRM+POW mode."

it looks like (with a pinch of salt, this is a bit like reading tea leaves) the burning engine sees these discs as not empty, but pre-formatted with a "Pseudo-Overwrite" option.
Pseudo-Overwrite is a feature added with UDF 2.6, but CloneBD uses UDF 2.5 (for compatibility reasons).

So somehow your blanks appear to be pre-formatted with UDF 2.6 (and maybe not empty) and so force the burning program to use UDF 2.6 as well.
We can try to allow this special situation and force CloneBD to burn with UDF 2.6, but it's tricky to do that without being able to reproduce your problem.

I'll do some testing - maybe I can prepare discs in a way that they will have the same effect.

BTW: do you happen to have ImgBurn? (if not - free tool, just make sure, the installer doesn't install anything you don't want, like any toolbars).
That would help disgnose the situation.

do you happen to have ImgBurn?

@moonlanding1: Yes, please, that might bring some light into this.
Just run imgburn, then click on "Write image files/foldes to disc" (you don't actually have to do that, it's just to get to the next page).
There click on the tab "Device", if not already open, make sure "Destination" shows the drive with one of your TDKs in the slot.

On the right side, you should see a lot of information. Copy&paste that here.
Might shed some light.

You can download ImgBurn from here:
http://www.imgburn.com/

Maybe see what happens, if you try to burn a Blu-ray with ImgBurn (have CloneBD create an ISO first, then burn that using ImgBurn).

Removing cinavia or not has no impact on burning whatsoever. Removing that is done during the encoding phase and well before the burn engine is started. You say it goes half way. Half way in what? Successfully completes the encode but only halfway during burning or does it only go halfway during the encode? If it fails during the burning part, 99% your blanks are to blame. Tdk is a pretty cheap and crappy brand. If it failed during burning, pick yourself up some verbatim (look for the AZO dye logo). That's about the best there's is. They're not exactly cheap but quality does have a price (as with everything).
I wish you would stop saying that TDK are a cheap crappy brand, they aren't. I've been using them for years for both personal and commercial use and have no issues with them, they are no less reliable than the overpriced Verbatim Blu-ray discs. Having looked back over our company purchases we've gone through over 16000 in the past 4 years

If you read what he posted he states it fails before it gets to the burning stage. What I would say though is that the BH16NS55 is a crappy burner. I have one here and it has issues with all brands of discs. I'd also update the firmware on the BH14NS40 drive as the latest is 1.03. Won't fix the problem you are having here, but will make the burner more reliable

If you read what he posted he states it fails before it gets to the burning stage.
Yes, he said that, but I have to agree with Reto: according to the log file it fails when the burn process starts. After all it's an error reported by the burning engine.

I'm testing it now on one of my systems, same BH16NS55 burner and TDK discs, will let you know what happens

I'm testing it now on one of my systems, same BH16NS55 burner and TDK discs, will let you know what happens
I'm pretty sure, it's not "TDK discs" in general. They are pretty popular, we would have heard of this earlier.
It's probably a certain bundle/type.

But at least if he comes back with the disc info from Imgburn then we can see if it matches mine, and if it does then we can rule out the discs.

i don't think the term "compatibility mode" is correct here? The bd standard dictates UDF 2.50 MUST be used for BD's, not 2.60, not much compatibility about it :)

i don't think the term "compatibility mode" is correct here? The bd standard dictates UDF 2.50 MUST be used for BD's, not 2.60, not much compatibility about it :)

That's exactly the thing I couldn't find. All I know is "at least 2.5", but I'm unsure about "exactly 2.5". Do you have that in writing somewhere?

Code:
http://www.blu-raydisc.com/en/industry/specifications/publicspecs.aspx

looks like "at least" indeed, on page 153 of the pdf there's a small section on pseudo-overwrite. Page 157 section 6.16 gives more details on 2.60 vs 2.50. If BD's use SRM without low (whatever that is) they all use 2.50, if using WITH LOW use 2.60. Section 6.16.1 states "The BD-ROM File System Format shall comply with UDF revision 2.50". 6.16.3 again states something about that pseudo thing in regards to recordable media. That said i've yet to see a commercial disc to use 2.60, perhaps the UHD opes do but i don't have such discs.

Back