• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Burn Failed & Why not better recovery options when can't burn disc?

tbessie

I just tried to backup a 50gb movie to a 25gb disc, and it said it couldn't write to the disc (log enclosed).

The ripped files were about 21-22 gig, so it SHOULD have been writeable (I'd think, though there might've been a lot of overhead for all I know). If anyone knows how to read the logs, can they take a look?

In any case, when a burn fails, it seems there are only 2 options - try to burn again (which isn't working), or give up (in which case all the temp files are deleted).

if I've just spent 30 minutes ripping/converting a disc, the LAST thing I want to do is try it AGAIN.

Why isn't there an option to preserve the ripped and converted files so another attempt on another disc, or ISO output, for example, can be tried?

It seems silly that you can only "try another disc" or "erase all the work I've just done".

Are there other options available, and I've just yet to discover them?

- Tim

Attachments

• clonebd.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 2
Why isn't there an option to preserve the ripped and converted files so another attempt on another disc, or ISO output, for example, can be tried?

That sounds like a plan, I'll add a request.

That sounds like a plan, I'll add a request.

Thanks Pete! :)

Probably best would be to be able to start work from the temporary files, if they're in a different format than normal BD directory structure (tho' if they're in the correct structure, I'd assume one could copy from them as is).

I guess the workaround for this would be either always enable the option to leave the temp files there, or, if the error occurs, copy them manually elsewhere before telling CloneBD to give up. But a program option to leave them as is if an error occurs (or convert them to another form) would be lovely too.

Thanks again!

- Tim

So after this, I ripped the whole movie to an ISO without compression or modification. I then ripped the ISO to another ISO targeted to a 25gb disc. I was then able to burn that disk onto 25gb BluRay media with ImgBurn.

Any idea why CloneBD couldn't write to the drive, where ImgBurn could write a supposedly identically sized ISO?

I should mention that I have AnyDVD HD installed and running.

- Tim

Back