Burn CD Songs to a blank DVD ?

Discussion in 'Third Party Products' started by SoundsGood, Dec 24, 2007.

1. SoundsGood

SoundsGood Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

My wife has a bunch of Christmas CDs, and I'd like to take some of the songs (from the various CDs) and put them all on one blank DVD.

Can that be done? If so, how would it be done using a Slysoft product? I already own the entire bundle, so I should be covered.

If it can't be burned to a blank DVD, can it be done with a blank CD instead? Instructions would be appreciated. :)

Thanks, and Happy Holidays!

2. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

You can't do this using Slysoft software.

3. SoundsGood

Yikes. You're kidding.

Hmmm... buying the entire bundle may have been a mistake. The only software I actually use is AnyDVD and CloneDVD2.

4. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

No. I'm not. Clonecd is not reauthoring software. The source and destination disc types and sizes must be exactly the same. Clonecd clones the original disc only (both cds and dvds).

Clonedvd handles dvd-video (movies) commercial discs only.

5. SoundsGood

Oh well.

Thanks.

6. mike20021969

mike20021969 Well-Known Member

thats why you have 21 days to try before you buy.
    and you can see details of what each product does by clicking on the appropriate item on the product page:
    http://www.slysoft.com/en/

7. SoundsGood

Yep, I guess so.

8. mike20021969

mike20021969 Well-Known Member

you should have some software on your pc anyway that you can rip cd tracks to .wav or .mp3 files then make your own compilation cd's from those files.

9. oldjoe

oldjoe Well-Known Member

Almost any burning software will do what you want. It can even be done in XP.

10. MiCCAS

MiCCAS Beta Tester

I personally have no use for the HD version yet either, however I purchased it because in the future I'll have use of it.. Trust me, you haven't lost out or anything like that.

11. ericward

ericward New Member

DVD players often play MP3's

if you do extract the mp3's, check out the manual for your DVD player as most commercial players will automatically play mp3's... very handy for just what you were wanting to do, and extended play too