• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[BUG] AnyStream multi-seat licencing and download thresholds

0x0x0x0x0

So I've purchased two keys for AS, and got one multi-seat (x2) licence. The only problem is that it looks like the download throttle/threshold is tied to the same licence which means the thresholding is now shared between two seats.

I thought how that could be fixed, one idea was to tie thresholds to a tuple of (licence id, machine id) but that would allow people to bypass thresholds by switching machines...

I think that while same licence for multi-seat AnyDVD is fine, the system breaks down for AnyStream. So I think the only sensible thing is to issue separate licence for each seat.

A multi-seat license only allows multiple legal registrations. I assume you contacted support for a multi start one, did they specifically tell you the limits would be raised for that one? Cause I'd think, just because the allowed registrations is double doesn't mean the limits are too (though I'd would be logical to assume they are).

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:
A multi-start license only allows multiple legal registrations. I assume you contacted support for a multi start one, did they specifically tell you the limits would be raised for that one? Cause I'd think, just verb'because the allowed registrations is double doesn't mean the limits are too (though I'd would be logical to assume they are).

I think you're starting off with the wrong premise: at the point of purchase, the "purchase box" asks for number of licences, not seats, hence my differentiation between "buying two keys" and "getting a multi-seat" licence. As such, there is really ought not be difference between buying a licence twice or two at the same time (save for the discount) unless limitations are expressly spelled out, which they were not. In any case, it looks like an oversight that nobody though of till it happened... it did! ;-) which is why I am very pro limiting downloads to real-time only and doing away with thresholding for all but trials, but that's another story.

So I've purchased two keys for AS, and got one multi-seat (x2) licence. The only problem is that it looks like the download throttle/threshold is tied to the same licence which means the thresholding is now shared between two seats.

I thought how that could be fixed, one idea was to tie thresholds to a tuple of (licence id, machine id) but that would allow people to bypass thresholds by switching machines...

I think that while same licence for multi-seat AnyDVD is fine, the system breaks down for AnyStream. So I think the only sensible thing is to issue separate licence for each seat.

You are right, that's a bug. We are working on it. I'll get back to you later today...

Last edited:
@0x0x0x0x0

Should be fixed now. Thanks for pointing this out.

I think the bug may still be in 1.0.7. I have two AnyStream licenses bought at different times and different emails but have seen the rate limit timer notice show more time to wait than the previous time showed.

I’m assuming the licenses are tied together since both use the same name and address. I am also surprised to hit the rate limit since I am at 1x speed. I am downloading 30 min and hour shows rather than movies.

I think the bug may still be in 1.0.7. I have two AnyStream licenses bought at different times and different emails but have seen the rate limit timer notice show more time to wait than the previous time showed.

I’m assuming the licenses are tied together since both use the same name and address. I am also surprised to hit the rate limit since I am at 1x speed. I am downloading 30 min and hour shows rather than movies.

It's an unrelated bug, I've hit this a few time in the past with a single licence that I also have, but it seemed to have gone away a while back. Maybe it resurfaced @Ivan?

It's an unrelated bug, I've hit this a few time in the past with a single licence that I also have, but it seemed to have gone away a while back. Maybe it resurfaced @Ivan?

Probably is an unrelated bug. It hit again tonight on one license while the other had no downloads started during the period in question.

the rate limit counter said I needed to wait 20 minutes. 15 minutes later, it said I needed to wait 25. It is almost like trying to download before the timer said adds penalty minutes to the clock.

update: bug seems to be every time rather than intermittent.

Last edited:
Back