• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

BSOD with AnyDVD

Question - This seems to have started around the time of version 8.2.0.0. Should I try running one of the older versions like 8.1.9.0, if that might be informative? I still have the install file. If you think that might be worthwhile, can I overwrite the current version or do I need to uninstall AnyDVD first?
I doubt it will make much of a difference, but if you want to try, you don't need to uninstall first.

I uninstalled Ashampoo Uninstaller 5 with Revo, and checked to make sure IFS64.sys was gone. No joy - system crashed. I also tried AnyDVD version 8.1.9.0. You were right. It still crashed. I have started looking at the drivers that have changed since the major system update. As near as I can determine, the problem started between 11/16 to 11/26. Will see what I can find.

At the risk of jumping in the middle of fruitful exchange. Are you running the latest public version of Windows 10 ? If you look at your "system" option (right click on the windows start icon) it will tell you the Windows Version and Release version you are on. The latest production release is Version 1709, Build 16299.125 which was released on Dec 12. However Microsoft releases minor version updates every 2-4 weeks. They released a Build update from 16299.19 to 16299.64 on Nov 14. It's possible that you experienced this upgrade around Nov 16 (this was MS upgrade patch # KB4048955). If you are on the "latest" release (16299.125) you might be able to uninstall MS updates KB4048955, KB4051963,and the latest (KBKB4054517) if already installed to get your OS back to the previous build release of 16299.19 which was current from Oct 13 - Nov 14. Thinking this might be able to eliminate or prove that Windows 10 OS is the culprit. See this site to understand the various windows patch releases and the OS release versions...https://pureinfotech.com/windows-10-version-release-history/

Problem is fixed, and I am somewhat embarrassed. It was one of the "scary software" drivers. I listed all the driver modification dates, and found several changed in the suspect period. I crashed the system and created a full memory dump, then used WhoCrashed to analyze. It indicated that the problem was caused by hmpalert.sys, which was revised on 11/22 in HitMan Pro Alert Version 3.7.1.723. I apparently did not get everything when I tried to shut this down. With this driver uninstalled, AnyDVD will rip normally to CloneDVD2. Just for kicks, I ran WhoCrashed against the dump again, and with the HitMan driver gone it identified AnyDVD as the potential problem. Strange.

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: anydvd.sys (AnyDVD+0x5636)
Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x61946, 0xFFFFC3867A693AA0, 0x6FA2F, 0x0)
Error: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\anydvd.sys
product: AnyDVD
company: RedFox
description: AnyDVD Filter Driver

Its seems clear that it was interaction between these two programs that caused the crash. AnyDVD was working just fine until the revision of the other driver, and it looks like it is working fine again. Maybe this will help someone in the future. Many thanks for all of your patience and help.

Back