• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Break Dawn part 2

mamoroso

Used 7.1.5.2 Looked like it completed the job witho errors. When I play the movie the scenes are not in order.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.1.5.2_Info_G_BREAKING_DAWN_2.zip
    995.9 KB · Views: 52
This is a known issue. Please enable SpeedMenus until there is a fix

Forgot to upload my ino file. Note: I used Power DVD 9 to play back the created files.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.1.5.2_Info.zip
    14.1 KB · Views: 5
Thanks but ...

Used 7.1.5.2 Looked like it completed the job witho errors. When I play the movie the scenes are not in order.

This is a known issue. Please enable SpeedMenus until there is a fix

For what it's worth the movie is crap. Jumbling the scenes might make it more interesting for you. Other than that you can stream G:\BDMV\STREAM\00451.m2ts to your BD player or media client.

Other than that you can stream G:\BDMV\STREAM\00451.m2ts to your BD player or media client.

Surely if scenes are out of order it indicates seamless branching+screen pass, so wouldn't 00451.m2ts contain only a part of the movie?

Yes this assumption is correct that it appears to be seamless branching title. However it is wrong, the JAVA is messing with the playback. Lookin in your G:\bdmv\stream folder and sort by size.

Surely if scenes are out of order it indicates seamless branching+screen pass, so wouldn't 00451.m2ts contain only a part of the movie?

Yes, this one is an exception, it contains the movie in a single clip and the decoy playlists jumble that.

AnyDVD handles this already, we're just adding some other stuff before it gets released, should be soon...

Yes, this one is an exception, it contains the movie in a single clip and the decoy playlists jumble that.

AnyDVD handles this already, we're just adding some other stuff before it gets released, should be soon...

interesting. So the decoy playlists jumble the chapters order or something more elaborate than that?

Last edited:

I guess next we will have a jumbled movie in one file and then the JAVA element will rearrange it to the correct order. Oh dear.

I guess next we will have a jumbled movie in one file and then the JAVA element will rearrange it to the correct order. Oh dear.

I don't know... maybe people were complaining too much about drives seeking on the disc with every clip, so they finally decided to leave things in a single sequence.

Anyway: AnyDVD 7.1.5.3 should now handle this disc correctly, though we need confirmation on that.

BTW: concerning the "new idea concern" :)

We've been thinking about why Java isn't being used for this purpose as soon as this protection surfaced. It would be the logical way to migrate existing DVD protections on to Blu-ray discs.
The reason why this isn't happening, it that BD-J is (luckily or unfortunately, depending on how you see this) not "real-time" enough.

In order for Java to seamlessly connect one clip portion to another, it would have to make the switch on a precise packet boundary.
Also, players wouldn't get any advance hint about this upcoming maneuvre and therefore wouldn't be able to pre-cache the required data to conceal the required seek. It would result in really ugly frame overlaps, halting frames, audio stutter, ...
BD-J only gets information about the present position of the stream through asynchronous events - you can imagine how this makes timely and accurate interventions impossible.

Wandering OT now...

Actually, I am pro protection in limited cases. The thing that gripes me the most about splashing out hard earned $$$ on disks is that scoungers get them for free downloading them. Dont assume that I am a saint here on moral ground, more than 50% of my collection is still shrink wrapped. ;)

Anyone who downloads a film pre release and gets a Sony ScreenPass message has earned this treatment.

Wandering OT now...

Actually, I am pro protection in limited cases. The thing that gripes me the most about splashing out hard earned $$$ on disks is that scoungers get them for free downloading them. Dont assume that I am a saint here on moral ground, more than 50% of my collection is still shrink wrapped. ;)

Anyone who downloads a film pre release and gets a Sony ScreenPass message has earned this treatment.
Thing is - anyone who downloads a film pre release won't get a Sony ScreenPass message.
Only legit customers who try to play their purchased copy on a HTPC / mediaserver will see it.

Summary for drive F: (AnyDVD HD 7.1.5.3, BDPHash.bin 13-02-18)
HL-DT-ST BD-REWH14NS40 1.00 N1A44A4K9BC7A95034

weighs 55.4 gb file

Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

Current profile: BD-ROM
Media is a Blu-ray disc.

Total size: 24292736 sectors (47446 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: BREAKING_DAWN_2
Media is AACS protected!
Drive supports bus encryption!
AACS MKB version 35
Removed AACS copy protection!
Note: automatic detection of region code not possible with this disc.
Java BD protection good playlists: 733
Blu-ray Java signatures fixed!
BD-Live deactivated!
Sony structural BD-J protection removed!

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.1.5.3_Info_F_BREAKING_DAWN_2.zip
    1 MB · Views: 8
weighs 55.4 gb file

Either rip to ISO, then it will be 45 GB.
Or rip to file and then delete everything in
\BDMV\JAR\05000
Those files are not required, they are just there to bloat the copy.

Either rip to ISO, then it will be 45 GB.
Or rip to file and then delete everything in
\BDMV\JAR\05000
Those files are not required, they are just there to bloat the copy.
Is this some Hollywood exec's idea of a new copy protection? Add a bunch of deadweight files just to throw the disc's nominal size over 50GB? :doh:

Is this some Hollywood exec's idea of a new copy protection? Add a bunch of deadweight files just to throw the disc's nominal size over 50GB? :doh:

No, it was clearly Sony DADC's idea (ScreenPass) :(
Not entirely sure, what the idea behind that is.

I don't know... maybe people were complaining too much about drives seeking on the disc with every clip, so they finally decided to leave things in a single sequence.

Anyway: AnyDVD 7.1.5.3 should now handle this disc correctly, though we need confirmation on that.

Here are my results with 7.1.5.4...after about a 20 minute "scan of the disc" by AnyDVDHD.

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD HD 7.1.5.4, BDPHash.bin 13-02-18)
HL-DT-ST BD-REWH08LS20 1.00 010713099D9AGD4925
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Current profile: BD-ROM
Media is a Blu-ray disc.

Total size: 15519584 sectors (30311 MBytes)
Media is AACS protected!
AACS MKB version 33
Removed AACS copy protection!
Note: automatic detection of region code not possible with this disc.
Blu-ray Java signatures fixed!
BD-Live deactivated!
Sony structural BD-J protection removed!
Removed UOPs!
Added speedmenus!

However, I'm not sure which playlist to use right now (BD-rebuilder) because there appears to be 92 of them and 733 isn't in the list I have available.

Last edited:
Back