• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

BlueRay into Reg DVD

kdjowers

Can you make a copy of a Blueray into a Regular DVD. If so are there anything that would need to be changed by doing it.:confused:

Yes but it's not "too easy", you need software like "BD-Rebuilder" (free). That one can make a movie-only version of the bd in a dvd. A full disc clone is out of the question.

As you asked this in the CloneDVD2 forum:
CloneDVD2 will not do this.

Until CloneBD is released, you have to consider third party software. Clown_BD, BD rebuilder and MultiAVCHD will all do this for you free of charge. VSO software also offer a payware solution that works and is designed for beginners.

Yes but it's not "too easy", you need software like "BD-Rebuilder" (free). That one can make a movie-only version of the bd in a dvd. A full disc clone is out of the question.

So your telling me if I download the BD-Rebuilder and run that with the Blueray, then I can burn the DVD using DVDClone.

Sure, but DVDClone whatever it is is no slysoft product. There are 2 ways, a bd structure onto dvd(/9 (technically still is a blu-ray disc then), or in the actual dvd format (.vob,.bup,.ifo) then in BDRB you need to go to Mode > Movie-Only Backup > Alternate movie-only output > then select the first or 2nd in the list (DVD5 = single layer, DVD9 = double layer). Hit save and then tell BDRB to do the backup if you've configured it to your liking in setup

Thats bollocks, guess you havent tried BD-Rebuilder and x264's magic

I have and I have to agree with Fast Eddie. You just can't take a such a frame size drop without a large drop in quality. Doesn't look so bad on a smaller screen, but when you start playing it on a larger screen it tends to look horrible with a large loss of detail. Even using x264 you can't preserve the detail if the pixels are physically removed.
Also the op wants to be able to play back from DVD so he's wanting the SD picture in mpeg2 which makes the quality drop even worse

well i won't "pick a fight" over this one, all i know is that its possible with relatively good picture. I only do BD25 backups so i aint arguing over bd5-9 backups :). If i'm wrong i'm wrong

He's not wanting BD5-9 backups, he wants to convert to normal DVD backups so old style mpeg2 DVD's and they will always look awful compared to the Blu-ray if it's a halfway decent Blu-ray source

You can Convert Blu-ray to MKV, DVD, AVI, PS3, iPhone, iPad, Xbox using VSO Blu-ray Converter Ultimate, straight forward to use, put your blu-ray in and copy to any of the formats available, works very well for me but it's not free, you'll obviously also need AnyDvd HD running in the background.

Last edited:
vso is payware. BD-Rebuilder and ClownBD do a better job and do it for free.

@Adbear: you misunderstood me, i know bd-5/9's are still bd's. I ment to say BDRebuilder can convert BD's to dvd formatted discs on a DVD5/9

He's not wanting BD5-9 backups, he wants to convert to normal DVD backups so old style mpeg2 DVD's and they will always look awful compared to the Blu-ray if it's a halfway decent Blu-ray source
They may look "soft", but they otherwise will be Sensational if the BD source is excellent.

A terrific program to convert BD to DVD is AVStoDVD (freeware) which has nice features like easy Menu creation (which at least BD-RB doesn't do). I have used it to convert homebrew BDs of TV series (multiple episodes) with great results.

CloneBD?

Until CloneBD is released, you have to consider third party software. Clown_BD, BD rebuilder and MultiAVCHD will all do this for you free of charge. VSO software also offer a payware solution that works and is designed for beginners.

:disagree:

Back