• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

blue-ray iso playback from hard drive

albacore

Hi newbie here. I've ripped a blue-ray disk image to my hard drive (C:\) using anyDVD HD. I would like to play this movie from my hard drive using Power DVD 9. The problem is when I click on "open movie file on hard disk drive" in Power DVD 9, it doesn't show the ISO. Any help greatly appreciated. al

Hi newbie here. I've ripped a blue-ray disk image to my hard drive (C:\) using anyDVD HD. I would like to play this movie from my hard drive using Power DVD 9. The problem is when I click on "open movie file on hard disk drive" in Power DVD 9, it doesn't show the ISO. Any help greatly appreciated. al

You would need VCD (Virtual CloneDrive) to play the iso file here is the link to it http://www.slysoft.com/en/virtual-clonedrive.html

To be a bit more exact you would load the iso w/ VCD which would make it seem as if a disc is loaded in a virtual drive. PowerDVD9 would then play this back as if you had the BD in the drive. There is an issue though w/ sync. I've noted that using this method when you FF or skip chapters there is sync loss between pictures and audio... Not 100% of times but alot...

albacore, please don't post a question pertaining to BluRay discs in the regular AnyDVD forum. Also only post a question once in one forum. There was no need to post this in both the AnyDVD and AnyDVD HD forums.

Threads merged and moved to the VCD forum.

BTW, that option you tried is for playing a movie from a folder, if you rip it as a group of files/folders rather than as an ISO. However, this only works with DVDs now, as PowerDVD removed the ability for BDs.

I used to rip DVDs as files/folders, but I just do ISOs now to be consistent.

Thanks for your help, sorry about the double post, after I posted I realized I was in the wrong forum and reposted. I tried to delete the first post but couldn't.
I have installed virtual clone drive and in "my computer" it shows as Drive J. When I right click on it I go to virtual clone drive and mount the ISO. Then I open Power DVD and click on J drive where it shows the name of the movie. Then I get a message "that there is a disk with an unsupported format in drive J." I should add that I'm using the Standard Version of Power DVD and I get a pop up asking me to upgrade.

The standard version will not play BD you have to have the Ultra version.

Back