• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Blu-Ray works fine on PC but no audio on PS3

TeflonFong

I made a copy of Kung Fu Panda for my nephew on a 25GB BD-R...I used tsmuxergui to take out the streams I did not need. It plays fine on the PC but on the PS3 there is NO AUDIO...I get the commentary track audio fine but there is no audio on the main track and the (3rd track?).

What is puzzling is that when I go into video settings on the PS3 and change it to Bitstream I can get sound through the optical but no audio through the HDMI no matter what settings I mess around with. The sound is kind of choppy however and doesn't sound nearly as good as the original copy.

Why does the audio work fine on my PC but fails on the PS3?

I was able to make a copy of X-Files through tsmuxergui with no problems- could it have to do with X-Files being DTS-MA and Kung Fu Panda being Dolby True HD?

3183586907_f44f180863_o.jpg

Yes, I believe it's a TrueHD issue with TSMuxer. Please see the end of my movie only guide for more info and a potential solution (I hope you're comfortable with cmd line ;)). I've not tried this solution that I've given in there myself so you'll have to see if it works for you. The other option if you're not comfortable is to extract a core AC3 audio track from the TrueHD track in TSMuxer by clicking on the audio track and then checking the option to downconvert. This will, of course, remove the HD audio track. The AC3 track you selected is the director's comments. You'll find 2 channel AC3 audio tracks are almost always useless. :)

@samuriHL

"quote"
"The other option if you're not comfortable is to extract a core AC3 audio track from the TrueHD track in TSMuxer by clicking on the audio track and then checking the option to downconvert. This will, of course, remove the HD audio track."

The audio files are built correctly, but this option also does not work, tried it in the movie "21". The issue is with TRUE-HD in TSMUXER. Using the demux option in TSMUXER or the above mentioned way still does not work. I have also tried downgrading the audio with eac3to and then muxing that audio with the video and subtitle to a M2TS file which works, but then you can't build a compliant Blu-ray structure with TSMUXER.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's kinda what I've been suspecting which is what we've been discussing in my movie only guide thread recently. I haven't had a chance to play with the concept of eac3to and muxing it back together with tsmuxer, but, if what you're saying is true, then my advice to use TSRemux instead will prove useful to everyone reading that. I may rewrite the guide and add my new method to it. TSMuxer has some real issues...

@samuriHL

This method now works:

Load TSMUXER with the video stream, hi def audio stream, subtitle stream and highlight the hi def audio stream box and downgrade the audio with the check box.

Now build a non-compliant Blu-ray structure in TSMUXER, output to be the BDMV folder.

Now, load this non-compliant Blu-ray structure into BD Rebuilder and built a homemade compliant Blu-ray structure and build the movie only on a BD-5, BD-9 or BD-R.

Works great but approximately 18 to 24 hours to re-encode. Video and audio quality just like the source Blu-ray disk. As a general rule no more than 10% compression or the video goes downhill.
:agree:

Why, oh why, can't I get something that'll rebuild the damn BD folder structure from the streams that DOES NOT reencode the streams? :( TSMuxer is it. And that gives us problems. Grrrr. I just want something to rebuild the streams into a BD folder structure.

@samuriHL

This method now works:

Load TSMUXER with the video stream, hi def audio stream, subtitle stream and highlight the hi def audio stream box and downgrade the audio with the check box.

Now build a non-compliant Blu-ray structure in TSMUXER, output to be the BDMV folder.

Now, load this non-compliant Blu-ray structure into BD Rebuilder and built a homemade compliant Blu-ray structure and build the movie only on a BD-5, BD-9 or BD-R.

Works great but approximately 18 to 24 hours to re-encode. Video and audio quality just like the source Blu-ray disk. As a general rule no more than 10% compression or the video goes downhill.
:agree:

If you're using BD Rebuilder ther is no need to run it through TSmuxer first as you can do all that inside BD rebuilder as it uses a version of TSmuxer itself. Also it shouldn't take that long to reencode, I have a C2D 2.16 laptop and it took around 10 hours to shrink a whole disc down from 35 gig to BD-r 25

Kung Fu Panda Copy Success!

@samuriHL

"quote"
"The other option if you're not comfortable is to extract a core AC3 audio track from the TrueHD track in TSMuxer by clicking on the audio track and then checking the option to downconvert. This will, of course, remove the HD audio track."

The audio files are built correctly, but this option also does not work, tried it in the movie "21". The issue is with TRUE-HD in TSMUXER. Using the demux option in TSMUXER or the above mentioned way still does not work. I have also tried downgrading the audio with eac3to and then muxing that audio with the video and subtitle to a M2TS file which works, but then you can't build a compliant Blu-ray structure with TSMUXER.

I was successful in extracting the core AC3 audio track using the TSMuxer option to downconvert with Kung-Fu Panda. I do not know if the issue is isolated with 21, but I have also had success in copying Pineapple Express with the same downconvert option with TSMuxer.

I do not know if the issue is isolated with 21

it is possible that your version of 21 does not have an AC3 core. {Edit} I've got the UK disk, and it does have an AC3 core.

Last edited:
Back