• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

blu-ray vs hd-dvd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah of course it is, which is why you're allowing all the other off topic nonsense to go unchecked.

:policeman:

The newer codecs compress better than MPEG-2 at lower bitrates, not better than themselves. The reviews speak for themselves - Blu-ray AVC/MPEG-4 encodes have the highest average ratings and Blu-ray for SQ is far ahead of HD DVD, thanks to the extra bandwidth allowing for 24-bit lossless or uncompressed audio.

HD DVD PG paid Paramount to go exclusive just as they were about to start using PCM on BLu-ray and DD+ on HD DVD - had the Blu-ray version of Transformers come out with PCM, people would have seen all over the review sites how much more visceral the PCM track was and that would NOT have been good for HD DVD, whose motto is "it's good enough"

Low bitrate VC-1 is "good enough"
Lossy Dolby Digital Plus is "good enough"

I don't want good enough - I want perfection and HD DVD doesn't live up to its moniker I'm afraid.

You want to delete all the other off topic posts then feel free to delete mine.

As for the bitrate - read on - http://hidefpreview.com/Exclusive Interview.html

(This is a MAX'd out HD DVD and MAX'd out Blu-ray of the same encode)
Posted byTechnoguru
I want perfection.
While this technology is relatively new perfection in Blu-Ray is far from there either. I am afraid if perfection is what you seek you will be dissapointed more often than not. Slysoft will try their best to do the best that the industry can offer. Perfection I am afraid is in the eye of the beholder.;)

Guys, I respect all your opinions, but this is not the perfect thread for your battle. This thread should be for beta related problems...

Thanks

Tom this is easy.... recognize that Technoguru is a suddenly new poster who is merely shilling for Sony BD here - and contrary to the worthy Slysoft agenda to support HD-DVD.

Then grow a pair and delete all his crap and ban the IP.

-W

Tom this is easy.... recognize that Technoguru is a suddenly new poster who is merely shilling for Sony BD here - and contrary to the worthy Slysoft agenda to support HD-DVD.

Then grow a pair and delete all his crap and ban the IP.

-W

Again, you're obviously clueless as to who controls Blu-ray.

It's not Sony, they own the trademark - Philips controls the licences and the BDA's Board of Directors decide on any changes to the format.

The BDA's Board of Director's is almost identical to the founding members of the DVD Forum with one notable absence; Toshiba.

I think if they (SlySoft) check my e-mail, they'll note that I paid for AnyDVD some years ago, so why on Earth would my posts get deleted?

You're the one posting all the misinformation, I'm posting facts.

SlySoft to the best of my knowledge does not "endorse" HD DVD.

You want to censor all things that are not pro-HD DVD? That sounds a bit chicken **** to me. A little insecure in your chosen format perhaps?

Last edited by a moderator:
You're obviously a shill for Sony

Do you have any proof of this?

"While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters."

@everyone
Stop insulting each other.

You want to censor all things that are not pro-HD DVD? That sounds a bit chicken *** to me. A little insecure in your chosen format perhaps?

While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters.

Swear again in these forums, and I will ban you.

Consider this a warning. :policeman:

I've had enough of this thread.

I shouldn't have to come into this thread and babysit.

Thread closed. :policeman:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back