• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Blu Ray Player Question

Walking Dude

I just purchased my first Seagate, 1 Terabyte external hard drive. Is it safe to plug a portable external hard drive into the USB port on a blu ray player to access music files and stored mp4 files? It figured it doesn't hurt to ask and make sure as frying a brand new external hard drive and/or blu ray player would really suck.

BTW, the external hard drive is the type that takes power from whatever it is plugged into. I don't have it yet, it's on it's way from Amazon.

Any responses are appreciated.

Safe yes, supported by the device: unknown. You need to check your device manual. Some USB ports on devices are diagnostic only, or they may only support a certain drive file system. 'takes power from whatever it's plugged into means nothing'. Exact player model and drive models is what is required.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013) with Tapatalk

Back