• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Blu-Ray Playback with PowerDVD 10, audio out of sync

tbessie

Anyone have any troubles with PowerDVD 10 playback of Blu Rays causing audio sync issues? I have seen this before, but lately, watching Lord of the Rings Extended Edition, it is more off - very slightly, but noticeably.

I'm playing back on an LG BluRay/HD-DVD combo drive, the latest ATI HTPC-friendly card from Sapphire, an HT Omega Striker 7.1 audio card, and piping PCM via S/PDIF to my amp.

Any one of these things might be the issue - I have heard of certain LG drives causing problems (so I suppose I should try to rip the Blu Ray to see if I see the same thing from a mounted ISO), or the Striker card (tho' it's a pretty good, high-end card, so hard to believe it would be causing problems unless PowerDVD doesn't play well with it).

Anyone ever solve PowerDVD Blu-Ray playback audio sync problems before?

- Tim

EDIT: I have just noticed some folks reporting specific audio sync issues with Lord of the Rings Extended Edition Blu Ray discs, although not everyone sees this. Probably why I'm noticing it more now as well.

EDIT 2: I just tried it from a mounted ISO and saw the same issues. I also tried it with the S/PDIF direct from my motherboard and saw even more extreme sync issues. I tried it back with the original S/PDIF sound card with other movies, and still saw it, though less extreme. So it seems to be PowerDVD 10 in combination with some issues on the disk itself. Again, any experience anyone's had with this kind of thing would be helpful.

Last edited:
Nobody has any Blu Ray audio sync issues? Rilly??

- Tim

Back