Blu-Ray Optical Drive

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (Blu-ray issues)' started by Jako, Feb 21, 2008.

1. Jako

Jako Member

Do you guys have any suggestions on what type of blu-ray optical drive to get to start ripping my blu-ray movies?

If I get one that just reads blu-ray can I still use AnyDVD HD to rip them to my HD? I just won't be able to burn them to a blu-ray disk correct?

Looking for links or suggestions on drives that you guys are happy with.

2. AJP

AJP Active Member

I have the LG Super Multi Blu drive. It reads both HD DVD and Blu-ray and burns DVD's. And yes you can rip both blu and hd dvd with it using anydvd hd

3. Ozzlander

Ozzlander Well-Known Member

If you're looking for just a reader, then consider the Pioneer BDC-S02 drive, which reads blu-ray & burns DVD/CDs. I had one and it worked flawlessly (I now have an LG super multi that reads Blu-ray, HD DVD, DVD/CDs and writes Blu-ray & DVD/CDs)

4. Jako

Jako Member

Last edited: Feb 22, 2008
  5. Charlie

Charlie Well-Known Member

Allot of good reviews on the H20LI as I told ya already and it was wise to get assistance here since there is users here to recommend due to owning a product.

6. Ozzlander

Ozzlander Well-Known Member

I have that drive myself and I am very happy with it. I've had no issues playing/ripping Blu-ray or HD DVD movies with it at all. I haven't done any blu-ray burning with it yet, as the blanks are a tad expensive.

The drive you linked to at Newegg is exactly the same drive, but without the blu-ray burning function.

I think either would suit your needs very well, depending on whether you want to be able to burn blu-rays or not.

7. rlung

rlung Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 22, 2008
  8. Nova935

Nova935 Well-Known Member

9. Adbear

Adbear Well-Known Member

10. matrixdan1

matrixdan1 Active Member

Last edited: Feb 23, 2008
  11. willywonton

willywonton Well-Known Member

For me the Pioneer BDC-S02BK at AUD $218 inc GST is working a treat for reading Blu-Ray, and witing CD's and DVD's

Given the imminent demise of HD-DVD I'll stick with my XBOX 360 add on to read my HD-DVD disks with a view to transcribing them to Blu-Ray one day in the future

12. Jako

Jako Member