• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Blu-Ray DVD Recorder

vze2mp9g

:bang:Hi,
I'm looking for a good Blu-Ray DVD burner for my computer. Can someone reccommed a good Blu-Ray DVD burner/recorder that won't break my bank. I sort of like Sony, but I was unable to locate one.
Thank You.
:D

The only down side I've found with the LG drives is that they have problems with cheaper media. I've been using some Traxdata SL BD-r's recently and they're a bit hit and miss with the LG-GGWH20L, some of the spindle works others just come up with a 'Disc is not empty' message, yet I can then take those discs and throw them into my old Sony IDE (which shows how old it is) Blu-ray writer and it see's them fine and allows me to burn onto them. If I have a disc that isn't seen properly on the LG drive then it happens across multiple LG drives as I usually have 5 or 6 systems being built at any one time and I can try that disc on all the systems and it will always be seen as not empty. I really hope they fix this with a new update because apart from this the LG drives are rock solid

Thanks for the info. I myself have a normal LG DVD burner, and it doesn't always recognize an audio CD when I put it in.

Does Sony still make BR DVD burners?

The only down side I've found with the LG drives is that they have problems with cheaper media. I've been using some Traxdata SL BD-r's recently and they're a bit hit and miss with the LG-GGWH20L, some of the spindle works others just come up with a 'Disc is not empty' message, yet I can then take those discs and throw them into my old Sony IDE (which shows how old it is) Blu-ray writer and it see's them fine and allows me to burn onto them. If I have a disc that isn't seen properly on the LG drive then it happens across multiple LG drives as I usually have 5 or 6 systems being built at any one time and I can try that disc on all the systems and it will always be seen as not empty. I really hope they fix this with a new update because apart from this the LG drives are rock solid

Thats cheap bd-r
how much you are paying for those
Iam using memorex no scarps for my 150 disc i missed 2

I bought 2 Ritek BD-RE (cheapest I can find) along with a LG BE06 and it won't recognise the disc. Lucky LG just release a firmware in March. After applying it the drive burns them at 2x without issues. Besides HDDVD playback as an added bonus LG GGW is still the cheapest Bluray burner out there until stocks dry up.

I won't hold my breath on it, Ritek is nothing but junk media. Don't be surprised if you have problem down the road. Personally I only use Verbatim near my burner.

Last edited:
I won't hold my breath on it, Ritek is nothing but junk media. Don't be surprised if you have problem down the road. Personally I only use Verbatim near my burner.

I haven't burnt a disc since Blu-Ray released, I like my backups on HDD, 18TB so far. Way way back ;) in the DVD days I only used Taiyo Yuden and loved them. I notice that TY has BD-R LTH TYPE discs, I'm guessing they would be high quality.

Back