• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Blu Ray Drive not recognizing some movies

delta619

I didn't find this already addressed, so apologies if it was.

I have a LG blu ray writer. Most movies I have had no problem viewing. Put three movies so far:

Devil Wheres Prada
Bourne Supremacy
Pandurom

Just click when inserted in the drive. LG has been no help as they point to PowerDVD software as the problem. Firmware is undated.

I am using win 7 64 bit. PowerDVD 10.

I also have a lite-on blu ray reader that does the same thing.

What do I need to work with these disc?

If it works with other discs but not these 3 then that would imply it's the disc that are faulty. You could try ripping them to the hard drive and if they won't copy over then it's definitely the discs

best test to do would be to actually test those movies in another Drive. If it works then the it's the drive's fault. if not, then it is probably the disc's.
signature_DVDclone.gif

best test to do would be to actually test those movies in another Drive. If it works then the it's the drive's fault. if not, then it is probably the disc's.
signature_DVDclone.gif
He's already tried them in 2 drives which is why I think it's most likely the discs at fault.

You all are right, it is the disc. Went and bought a new blu ray of one of the movies and it came right up. I am having so many problems with blu ray movies from netflix. Frequently physically damaged and majority unreadable. Glad several redbox machines are close.

You all are right, it is the disc. Went and bought a new blu ray of one of the movies and it came right up. I am having so many problems with blu ray movies from netflix. Frequently physically damaged and majority unreadable. Glad several redbox machines are close.

I'm starting to wonder if that is my problem as well
I have a LITE-ON iHES106-29 OEM drive from NewEGG and its always been picky about which Blurays It plays. Seems to happen more and more
and 99% of the time only with blue ray.
Though it does seem to do it mostly with netflix even when the discs are new looking
Its frustrating because thats is my only bluray player at the moment

Back