• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Blu-Ray Burner

HutcH

After years of burning DVD's I am going to make the jump to Blu-Ray. Any recommendations/suggestions/guidelines on buying an internal burner would be greatly appreciated. Also, all recommendations on blank media would be equally welcome. THanks in advance!

Well as many users here will say.

Burner: LG always
Blanks: verbatim

That's an excellent combo. I use 3 LG drives because of the quality, reliability and lifespan. The oldest Oneida probably 5y or more. Still burns like brand new, verbatim is also and excellent blanks brand. The chance of getting coasters as we say "failed burns" are very slim to non existing unless you abort the burn yourself

Verstuurd van mijn HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e met Tapatalk

After years of burning DVD's I am going to make the jump to Blu-Ray. Any recommendations/suggestions/guidelines on buying an internal burner would be greatly appreciated. Also, all recommendations on blank media would be equally welcome. THanks in advance!

That will depend alot on where you live and what is available in your market place and since most say LG but that would be if they have them there to sale.

@HutcH
From what i read in forums and reviews Pioneers should be equal to LGs, maybe slightly better burning Blu-ray media.
LiteOns seem to be the fastest readers.

Some random reviews:
http://www.cdrlabs.com/Reviews/Blu-ray-Drives/
http://www.myce.com/blu-ray-writers-players/expert-reviews/
http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/Reviews/Home.aspx?CategoryId=1

Regarding LGs: note there is a major change in their very latest models BH/WH14NS40.
For many years they were using Renesas chipsets, now they have MTK chipsets like LiteOn.
Not necessarily a flaw, but a change for sure.

One of the AnyDVD developers has said that Liteon drives required kludgy workarounds to work properly in AnyDVD. Not a recommendation at all.

Last edited:
One of the AnyDVD developers has said that Liteon drives required kludgy workarounds to work properly in AnyDVD. Not a recommendation at all.

Really I have a Lite BD burner and it works fine burning BD and DVD movies? So what are you referring to that they are talking about?? And I have Anydvd HD. I can Rip to ISO and burn back with Imgburn to BD media without any problem and play the backup just fine as it would look like on the original BD media. I burn on 25Ggig to 25gig and 50gig to 50gig. Have to wait til "Slyce" or what names it releases with but the setup I used so far worked fines on Lite BD burner.

Last edited:
Really I have a Lite BD burner and it works fine burning BD and DVD movies? So what are you referring to that they are talking about?? And I have Anydvd HD. I can Rip to ISO and burn back with Imgburn to BD media without any problem and play the backup just fine as it would look like on the original BD media. I burn on 25Ggig to 25gig and 50gig to 50gig. Have to wait til "Slyce" or what names it releases with but the setup I used so far worked fines on Lite BD burner.
If you'd clicked on the link in his post you'd see the message James posted about lite-on drives. He's had to put various 'fixes' into AnyDVD to get round bugs in the lite-on firmware

If you'd clicked on the link in his post you'd see the message James posted about lite-on drives. He's had to put various 'fixes' into AnyDVD to get round bugs in the lite-on firmware

Ok, but the only problem I had was the disappearing drive info if you got the first backup and burn to work correctly the second try with another dvd to backup it would get only part of the disc info but not display the protection information status but a reboot and it will work again? I have a ibhs212 model..not the 112 model as James noted.

James was referring to lite-on drives in general, not to any one specific drive

Back