• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Blocked BD copy playback (Cinavia)

my Panny BDT220 player must be about 2 years old at least now

Nope, it's just over a year old. The earliest data i could find about it date back to march 1st, 2012. Effectively making it a licensed player AFTER the cinavia mandatory detection date of feb 1st, 2012. So if it didn't have on the initial release (or when you bought it), it will (have) be(en) included in a firmware update.

Nope, it's just over a year old. The earliest data i could find about it date back to march 1st, 2012. Effectively making it a licensed player AFTER the cinavia mandatory detection date of feb 1st, 2012. So if it didn't have on the initial release (or when you bought it), it will (have) be(en) included in a firmware update.

Seems I will have to dig out my old BD35 then.......although I replaced that one because of playing issues with newer BD discs.

No correction I remember now I replaced it because I got a 3D projector but quite honestly we have watched in 3D only about three times and each time the film was a let down.......back to the BD35 I think tonight!

I just hope the updates installed are not Cinavia updates?

Last edited:
that BD35 is about as old as my BD85 which still plays everything perfectly (even newer discs). But no that player doesn't have cinavia and never will. It dates back to 2010 and if you have issues with newer discs it's probably menu related. Nothing anydvd's speedmenu's can't fix ;)

Mythical Slyplayer, lol! :)

By the time that arrives we will all be receiving video via direct neural implants!
Nah, it won't take *that* long. :D

that BD35 is about as old as my BD85 which still plays everything perfectly (even newer discs). But no that player doesn't have cinavia and never will. It dates back to 2010 and if you have issues with newer discs it's probably menu related. Nothing anydvd's speedmenu's can't fix ;)

Yep, BD35 worked fine on "Brady" so the player will be staying in the rack from now on.
Are you also saying that any firmware updates to the BD 35 will not and cannot include a Cinavia update?

if it ain't broke ....

Yep, BD35 worked fine on "Brady" so the player will be staying in the rack from now on.
Are you also saying that any firmware updates to the BD 35 will not and cannot include a Cinavia update?

Unless you are having "run" problems do not update or at least not until the provider can list what he is updating/adding/modifying.

Just an Idea maybe its stupid but what the hey

Trick Cinavia into thinking its playing an older player that is unaware of Cinavia

Trick Cinavia into thinking its playing an older player that is unaware of Cinavia

That statement suggests that the protection is a form of encryption. Which it's not. It exists at the analog level. Which is why it survives multiple compression schemes. The player essentially hears a pattern, which it's designed to recognize.

Yes and I wish slysoft would add support for pdvd13 to stop the player from listening...

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD

I wasn't being sarcastic. I genuinely want pdvd13 to stop recognizing cinavia so I can watch my 3d movies with actual audio. And no 7.2.0.0 did not fix the issue. As for hardware players, yea, you need hacked firmware. Good luck with that.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD

Cinavia workaround

If there is another audio track, for instance, French or Spanish, you can get the full audio. After a few minutes, you can switch back to the English track. You might have to do it a few times depending on the movie. Yes, it's a pain if you are not multilingual.

As for hardware players, yea, you need hacked firmware. Good luck with that.

There are hacked hardware players such as Pioneer BDP-450, LX55, which had been modified not to detect cinavia signal, but would be charged at a substantial cost.

There are hacked hardware players such as Pioneer BDP-450, LX55, which had been modified not to detect cinavia signal, but would be charged at a substantial cost.

I figured that would happen. If only in small communities at first. I'd rather just employ an HTPC myself. At least if a BD drive fails, they're not TOO expensive to replace ;) And with the luck I've had, they seem to last 'me' longer.

so i guess anydvd has met its match with cinavia? cant play project x bluray with arcsoft. switching to spanish with subtitles works but i cant get back to english. is there a database in tmt that keeps track of this? it took 20 min for cinavia to kik in but now it mutes the english within a minute.

no it hasn't . Anydvd isn't designed to tackle cinavia and it still doesn't. The only thing the cinavia "fix" does is patch the SOFTWARE players to NOT detect the signal. Similar to playing a cinavia infected disc on a standalone player that doesn't (know how to) detect it. The signal is still present on the disc, it never gets removed.

That will be something for Slyce (see my sticky on top of this forum). Removing the cinavia signal will require some form of audio processing and that is beyond the scope of anydvd hd.

Wrong. It is not bluray only. The protection is on certain DVDs aswell. That your dvd player doesn't trigger it is one of the following. 1) it doesn't know how to look for it (as in too old to have mandatory detection capabilities) or 2) it can detect it but you didn't insert a cinavia protected dvd.

Using the same player a copy of the Zero Dark Thirty BluRay was blocked by Cinavia but a copy of the DVD played fine for me.

then it's simple. The dvd doesn't have the cinavia version while the blu-ray does otherwise the dvd would have been blocked just the same.

Back