• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Blocked BD copy playback (Cinavia)

A question which is out of curiosity only. When a dvd player detects cinavia and mutes playback after 20 minutes, does it mute only the cinavia-stamped soundtrack or all soundtracks?

It should only detect Cinavia on the track you are playing, which is why some people have no issues with Cinavia discs where Cinavia is only present in the main audio track and they are playing back one of the foreign language tracks instead

Slyce cannot come soon enough

tried watching 7 psyco paths tonight

i have legit playback software
and a legit disc

it sucks being disenfranchised when your a legitimate owner of your media.

this is what i get . cinaviasuckss.jpg

Last edited:
The issue is not that you have a legit playback software or legit disc, the only thing that matters if is you insert a cinavia protected disc in the drive any anydvd decrypts it, the disc APPEARS non-legit due to the removed encryption. It is that removal that makes the player trigger cina

Verstuurd van mijn HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e met Tapatalk

Cinavia

Hi Folks

Any thoughts on how to get around this nuisance on my ps3 during playback from my hd?

Tx

Nothing new on the horizon, no

Hi Folks
Any thoughts on how to get around this nuisance on my ps3 during playback from my hd?
Tx

This is a well-known problem.
This Cinavia process is imbedded on many discs now and in many hardware AND software players since 2/2012 when it was required by law.

It is a copy playback blocker.

This has been known for a long time now and has nothing to do with preventing making the copy. We get a lot of queries about the playback blocking of DVD / BD copies caused by Cinavia.

There has been a lot of discussion about this for some time now.
You can read all about that here:

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=48789

Since this does not prevent the copy we do not see this as a real protection as such.
We will most likely address this in our new Blu-Ray product Slyce but not before 2013.

The easiest solution for the "Cinavia problem" is to use a player which *cannot* play retail Blu-ray discs.
There are some media players which even support full blown Blu-ray menus, like the Netgear NTV550 (not tested myself).
No retail Blu-ray playback = no AACS license required = no Cinavia.
If you can live without full menus, there are many very good and very cheap media players available.

IMHO recording to Blu-ray media is extremely painful anyway. Expensive, slow, unreliable.

A harddisk as a backup media is cheap & fast.

Last edited:
And also hasn't had an update on the fact that backing up to Blu-ray media is not unreliable and is a lot cheaper than HD's if you use SL BD-R's, and is less prone to loss than backing up to harddrives (1 BD-r fails you lose 1 film, 1 HD fails you lose many films)

Hey guys, not sure if anyone is aware of this but Cinavia DRM protection will allow the BD to be backed up, however; it will mute the audio after about 20 minutes of playback. It's actually kind of freaky, for sure The Losers is protected and I think (not sure) Repo Men. Good luck.
I found that a work around is possible for cinema blue ray sound muting problem.
1- rip with AnyDVD to ISO file but be sure to select the check box "Keep Protection" when you do that ISO rip. 2- Mount that ISO image with Virtual CD drive and play it to see that the sound muting is now gone. Now the next step 3- Drag the files from the Virtual Drive to Nero 12 complete with all files and folders. Burn the disk to a Re-Writable 50GB Blue Ray disk and it will play just as if it were the original disk. Nero 12 Blue Ray Player will test the Virtual Mounted Blue Ray disk with or without the sound mute problem depending on if you have checked the box "Keep Protection" when you ripped it to ISO and is a good testing bed to see if a playable copy is possible without the sound mute nag.

nice try but no. The second you try to play that protected iso without anydvd running. Your playback software will simply refuse to play it due to copy restrictions. You won't even get that far as to simply start playing the movie itself.

The easiest solution for the "Cinavia problem" is to use a player which *cannot* play retail Blu-ray discs.
There are some media players which even support full blown Blu-ray menus, like the Netgear NTV550 (not tested myself).
Just bought a Dune Smart Series H1 and you have a choice of playing full BD-menus, it works better then the H1's light menu option in one case.

The Popcorn Hour A-400 only has BD-Light menu options.

The Campaign - DVD with Will Farrel gets the sound cinavia error which blocks the sound on both my DVD/Blue ray players.

I ripped it with AnyDvd HD and burned to a DVD.

My Blue ray players are.

1. Samsung BD-E5900
2. Sony BDPS590

The Campaign - DVD with Will Farrel gets the sound cinavia error which blocks the sound on both my DVD/Blue ray players.

I ripped it with AnyDvd HD and burned to a DVD.

My Blue ray players are.

1. Samsung BD-E5900
2. Sony BDPS590

I just bought and got in the Sony DBP-S590. I bought it from Zon for $99 since I wanted to be sure I had another player should my current Panny 'break'. The S590 is one of the few 3D BD players still available that doesn't have Cinavia since this model came out prior to the deadline. IF you've upgraded the firmware then you now have Cinavia - thus I'm not updating the firmware on this one. I'm testing it out as I post this with Paranorman 3D since that movie 'muted' on my PS3 so I know it has Cinavia. So far I'm over 20 minutes in and playing fine. I'm going to box it up and store it as a back-up.

And you CAN know if a disc is cinavia protected before you waste 20 minutes. Check the back ofnthe box cover for the cinavia logo.

Verstuurd van mijn HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e met Tapatalk

My Cinavia work around

I ran into Cinavia while playing Loopers the other night. I use a Home Theater PC as my Blu-Ray/DVD player/recorder like many here. Also like many I backup to my HTPC server.
From the experimenting I did the original stream is encoded with Cinavia. No matter how I ripped and/or re-encoded the stream when playing the stream using any of the commercially available Blu-Ray/DVD software packages the encoding causes the audio to mute 20 minutes into the program.
That is the requirement of the new hardware and software requirements for DVD and Blu-Ray and it works very well if your hardware and software is up to date.
There does however seem to be a loophole and that is the software requirement seems only to be for DVD/Blu-Ray player packages such as WinDVD, PowerDVD and Nero Blu-Ray Player.
You can rip to mp4, recode to whatever level you are comfortable with and store as a data disk or on the harddrive. The mp4 format can be played using Windows mediacenter or mediaplayer without being disturbed by Cinavia. I'm sure that other storage formats can also be played natively by Windows without extra player software. In my experiment I ripped the Loopers Blu-Ray to my harddrive with ANYDVD HD. Then used Tsmuxer on the main stream to strip all audio streams but the DTS audio and finally Nero to recode to mp4.
As I stated the mp4 plays perfectly in Mediacenter or Mediaplayer although the stream is still infected. The proof of this came when I burned a DL DVD as AVCHD using the mp4 file. Sure enough 20 minutes into the program Cinavia triggered the mute.

Why re-encode to an mp4? just make a 'movie only' Blu-ray and play it back in MPC-HC or any other FREE non commercial Blu-ray player. That way there's no quality loss

Why re-encode to an mp4? just make a 'movie only' Blu-ray and play it back in MPC-HC or any other FREE non commercial Blu-ray player. That way there's no quality loss

I think you missed the point of my post if it's a "Blu-Ray Player" the new requirements call for the function of the Cinavia embedded audiostream to trigger a mute and error message. In using a non disc specific media player and an encoding that is non standard to stand alone disc players seems to be the loophole to the system.

As for why re-encode that is a matter of what we as individuals feel we want to invest in storage space vs the loss of quality we find acceptable. With the cost of harddrives continuing to fall as capacities increase many may consider using them for storage. I may soon consider setting up a large array of drives to keep my collection available to me online. This however is still a second best to a offline collection and this is where I consider how much compression I'm willing to live with and whether to backup to DVD, DL DVD or Blu-Ray.

Um hmm. I backup my most watched movies to 6 tb of HDD space. I do so as mkv with no messing with the streams... A simple repackaging of the bluray streams to mkv format. Then I use j river mc18 to manage and play my library of original quality movies with no cinavia. Reencoding is not necessary at all. That's simply a preference you have as to how to store your backups. To compress or not has nothing at all to do with cinavia.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD

product advice

Can any of the Slysoft AnyDVD HD owners advise on the pros and cons of the following product: Movie Fix2 url is http://noerrors.info/#contact .

It is advertised as a cinavia solution but it seems too good to be true. I am keen to hear your views.:confused:

Back