• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Black Widow Australia/NZ version

Helifaxnz

I bought from JBHIFI NZ Black Widow Blu ray. Region free ABC. AnyDVD does not want to read it. the drive whirls and then nothing. All other blu rays I've had had no issues at all. Any suggestions? Thank you.

AnyDVD has the latest update v8.5.7.0

I bought from JBHIFI NZ Black Widow Blu ray. Region free ABC. AnyDVD does not want to read it. the drive whirls and then nothing. All other blu rays I've had had no issues at all. Any suggestions? Thank you.

AnyDVD has the latest update v8.5.7.0
Hard to say anything without an AnyDVD log. Need to try and supply one.

AnyDVD does not want to read it.
Does it work without AnyDVD?
Disable it, insert the BD and then tell us what happened. Can you see it in Windows Explorer?
Is the disc dirty or are there any scratches?

I had this too at one time but can't remember anymore, also I was not active at his point so no logfile or post is available for this.

Hard to say anything without an AnyDVD log. Need to try and supply one.
AnyDVD does not want to read it. the drive whirls and then nothing.
Not possible to create a log if there is not even a disc recognized to scan or if AnyDVD is still trying to read it so you can't interact with it (may be wrong here, but I think that is the case).

Thanks everyone for you input. I have tried without AnyDVD and it does not read the disc at all. It's a LG BH14NS40 BluRay Drive. I have upgraded the firmware to the latest 1.03 and still does not read this disc. I have tried it on a Panasonic Blu-ray player and it plays.
I have also tried this disc on a LiteOn external DVD/Blu-Ray player and it doesn't read this disc. Just today I have returned this disc to JBHIFI for a replacement. I've now tried the replacement and that too does not work! This is so bazaar and frustrating. It works on a standalone tv Blu-Ray player but not on a PC Blu-Ray player.

Your DVD might have an oily film on it.

Please try to wash it with warm and soapy water and then dry it with a microfiber cloth.

Usually that can help you to get AnyDVD to recognize the disc. If not, then you probably have a dirty and/or flawed disc.

And for the record, flawed discs show up often with DVDS (And Blu-ray discs as well) since companies don't have quality control nowadays like they did when DVDS and Blu-ray discs first came out.

:)

I've managed to get this disc to read on the external drive so I quickly made an ISO and then from there I was able to rip it for my Digital collection! I've never experienced one like this before, but glad I managed to get it ripped.

I've managed to get this disc to read on the external drive so I quickly made an ISO and then from there I was able to rip it for my Digital collection! I've never experienced one like this before, but glad I managed to get it ripped.

I deal with a lot of different sorts of discs and I have trouble with them from time to time. Even in fresh box sets and such will I find bad or misbehaving discs.

Back