• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

BFI DVD of "The Devils" - CSS decrypting issue

tbessie

I've seen a couple of posts about this issue in the past, though the users didn't seem to explain the issue well enough.
I recently got a copy of the British Film Institute's version of "The Devils".
There's 2 discs. I've tried scanning the 1st disc, and get the enclosed dialog.
Enclosed is the log for the disc as well.

Using AnyDVD 8.6.6.0
Drive has region unset (region 0).
Disc is Region 2.

Any idea why this might be happening? This DVD set has been around for awhile, so I'm surprised that AnyDVD couldn't fully decrypt it.
Reading other similar threads, it appears this could be caused by hardware vs disc region mismatch - is that most likely?

- Tim

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.6.6.0_Info_P_THE_DEVILS.ziplog
    144.5 KB · Views: 2
  • AnyDVD-TheDevils.png
    AnyDVD-TheDevils.png
    40.8 KB · Views: 5
The problem is on your end, you have not set yourdisc drive region. Hence Region 0. set your region to 2 for this disc, and you will be OK. Note, you can only change your region a few times before it gets locked.

The log file says your region is not set and the dvd is from region 2. what region are you from??? You have to exit anydvd before going to drive to set region. If your in a different region than the disk it can be a different problem.. You have right click anydvd near the right botton near the bottom of your PC near the time and exit any dvd. Good luck!

Just as some advice, you might want to invest in a USB drive and set the region for that one drive. That way, if you ever get more discs for that region, you can just connect the USB drive you've set for that region. You don't have to worry about changing your region and changing it back each time. Plus, you only 5 get region changes before the final change is permanent. I'm in region 1 and I have a USB BD drive set to region 2 for all of my region 2/B DVD/Blu-Ray.

Back