• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Best settings to rip DVDs to view on HD TV using my new WD HD Media Player?

rockstarinlife

I would love any advice or ideas to rip and compress my 500 DVD collection to my 1TB Hard Drive (I have 2 of these connected = 2TB total) to play using my new WD HD Media Player I just bought.

My main thing is I want forced subs, and as close to 90% quality of the dvd and as close to 1 gig per a movie as possible (or somewhere under 2gigs).
I will be watching them on a 37" and 50" HD TV.
Any other suggestions? Thanks.

I have the following programs: (I am not an expert on these but know how to use them pretty good)

CloneDVD Mobile

AnyDVD by Slysoft too

1 click dvd by LG (will just copy dvd or burn to drive)

I also downloaded MergeVOB

MetaX

AutoGK

Handbrake

MakeMKV

So I have no shortage of programs to chose from. Its just getting the right settings.

Best settings to rip DVD's to view on HD TV using my new WD HD Media Player?

I would love any advice or ideas to rip and compress my 500 DVD collection to my 1TB Hard Drive (I have 2 of these connected = 2TB total) to play using my new WD HD Media Player I just bought.

My main thing is I want forced subs, and as close to 90% quality of the dvd and as close to 1 gig per a movie as possible (or somewhere under 2gigs).
I will be watching them on a 37" and 50" HD TV.
Any other suggestions? Thanks.

I have the following programs: (I am not an expert on these but know how to use them pretty good)

CloneDVD Mobile

AnyDVD by Slysoft too

1 click dvd by LG (will just copy dvd or burn to drive)

I also downloaded MergeVOB

MetaX

AutoGK

Handbrake

MakeMKV

So I have no shortage of programs to chose from. Its just getting the right settings.

:rock:

Sorry for the double post. Didnt know if I put it in the right place? Thanks.

Play around with the settings and see what you like best. The good thing about that player is it will play just about any format you choose. I have yet to get one myself but want one.

I used to use Nero Recode for movie only, cut out the credits, set rate to 2M, set quality to highest, 2 pass mode and movie was usually between 1.5 - 2 GB. It wasnt too bad on a 40" and 42" but now using my 52" I am noticing the difference. So I switched to just using the iso CloneDVD makes. Much better.

Just play with the settings of your programs, but if you are looking to dump it down to about 1GB you will be sacrificing quality.

Question for the Webs, Samwise, Drinky, or someone else. What is 8x8 transform? Couldnt tell much difference when checking that option. Isnt that supposed to be better? Couldnt find anything that would explain it very clearly.

Last edited:
Thanks guys and I appreciate the replies. I am now using clonedvd mobile to do a 1 VOB pass through file. then using autogk program to convert it to a Xvid avi at 80% quality which makes about a 800mb-1.5Gig file and the quality is really good on a 37 HD tv. I tried using only the Clonedvd to create the xvid but the quality wasnt as good. the autogk is pretty cool since I can create a que of a bunch of vob movies and run it over night. I have about 90 movies on my wd media player so far and love this thing! I dont know what I did without it. we are going to cancel all our pay channels and just get basic cable since we dont watch tv anymore except a few shows.

Back