• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Best PC Processor for AnyDvdHD?

Av8r

I'm getting ready to build a new PC, and I'm wondering whether it's worth going with a quad core for AnydvdHd software. All info would be appreciated like RAM amount, GPU, etc. I'm not a gamer, but I like my pc to run fast, and don't mind spending a few extra dollars, but hate to waste as well.

That depends on what you plan to do exactly. Are you going to just use the Rip to Image feature of AnyDVD HD or are you going to use ANyDVD HD along with a program like BD Rebuilder or ClownBD? If just using AnyDVD HD and do not plan to do any compressing then dual core should be fine with maybe 6gb ram.

If you plan to compress then go quad core with 8gb ram also do not forget to get a good graphic card so you can watch your Blu-ray rips on computer

I am not really into gaming, and not that much into software playing, running fast is also a choice I would want, so I would get a quad core CPU, and I would prefer the Intel brand as 1st choice.

I would be careful you don't get a new CPU with built-in copy protection, I believe Intel has them or will have them in the near future, most likely on their high-end units.

Prices should be very good on the AMD products, and have worked well for me for many years of use.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the suggestions. Yes, I use BDRebuilder as well, and sometimes ClownBD. I heard that the software has to be able to utililize multi threading in order to take advantage of Quad cores. Does that mean that the 2 compressing programs can do multi threading?

I never watch movies on my pc, but I do stream them to my TV via ethernet. Is a good graphics card of use there? I would want one anyway because I also do a lot of HD Home video editing with Pinnacle Studio HD. I'm also a pro photographer and do RAW image processing, but I don't think that requires a lot of muscle.

I just did some reading about DRM in the new Intel Sandy Bridge processors. I got the impression that it wouldn't affect backing up; only streaming HD content from certain providers. Not sure I want to take a chance though. I was getting ready to buy an i7 Sandy Bridge, but I may go with AMD instead.

Last edited:
Multi threading comes in to play when you talk about the i7 series CPU's, they are all quad core but will show up as 8 cores thanks to multi threading (aka Hyper Threading). This has a big effect on video encoding and similar things (when converting from say DVD to AVI etc).

The i5 and i3 CPU's are not multi threaded but they are still lightening fast CPU's, personally I would recommend a bottom end i5 Sandy Bridge CPU and 4GB RAM will be plenty for what you want to do, a budget video card round about the £100-150 mark would be a superb extra too for CUDA support for those apps which support it though if you do not need that then you could look for something else.

Hope it helps :)

Jedi81.

Multi threading comes in to play when you talk about the i7 series CPU's, they are all quad core but will show up as 8 cores thanks to multi threading (aka Hyper Threading). This has a big effect on video encoding and similar things (when converting from say DVD to AVI etc).

The i5 and i3 CPU's are not multi threaded but they are still lightening fast CPU's, personally I would recommend a bottom end i5 Sandy Bridge CPU and 4GB RAM will be plenty for what you want to do, a budget video card round about the £100-150 mark would be a superb extra too for CUDA support for those apps which support it though if you do not need that then you could look for something else.

Hope it helps :)

Jedi81.
Not quite correct. You should have stated that second generation i5's are not multi threaded. Some of the first generation i5's are multithreaded.

To OP, if you intend to be using BD Rebuilder a lot to shrink down Blu-rays then you're best off paying the extra and getting a 2600k CPU and a board that will allow you to overclock. I regularly use a 2600k overclocked to 4.2Ghz using the stock cooler with no issues and it took me under 4 hours to shrink Captain America down to a SL BD-R at 2 pass High quality in BD rebuilder (keeping all the extras)

Not quite correct. You should have stated that second generation i5's are not multi threaded. Some of the first generation i5's are multithreaded.

To OP, if you intend to be using BD Rebuilder a lot to shrink down Blu-rays then you're best off paying the extra and getting a 2600k CPU and a board that will allow you to overclock. I regularly use a 2600k overclocked to 4.2Ghz using the stock cooler with no issues and it took me under 4 hours to shrink Captain America down to a SL BD-R at 2 pass High quality in BD rebuilder (keeping all the extras)

If you go Adbear route you processor already will have GPU build in. Thus you don't have to buy GPU separately.

Back