• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Best CODEC option for Linksys DMA2100

JPC

Has anybody found a good setting for ripping DVD's to play on the Windows Media Extender (Linksys DMA2100)?

I know that DIVX works after you change the FourCC to xvid, but the Fast Forward and Rewind keys do not work. I have heard that the proprietary DVR-MS container format is a good way to go. Does CloneDVD-Mobile have that as a coding option? I tried the MPEG4 Zune option, but that does not play well, after a few seconds the picture is jerky and there is no sound, and the FF and REW don't work. :bang:

I am sure someone has it solved, saving me more head banging!;)

Thanks for looking!

I've been using VOB passthrough and renaming the resulting .vob files to .mpg. The 2100 extender plays these with no problems (I also use MyMovies to provide a nice interface in MC.) The ability of CloneDVDMObile to split chapters into seperate .vob files has been particularly useful for TV shows.

Fast-Forwarding an mpg is not as good as DVR-MS, but you can skip through at the rate of 30 seconds at a time (I'm hoping that Windows 7 MC will sort this out.) I've not found a really reliable tool to convert TO DVR-MS. Plenty that will convert FROM (!)

One thing though - you will burn up disk space at a great rate. VOB passthrough doesn't do any additional compression.

Thanks for the reply. :)

I am not sure why you want multiple .vob files. Is that good for playback in MyMovies?

I was interested in the MyMovies and using Transcoder360 but I have 64 bit Vista and it doesn't work with it. :doh:
I also see good write ups on Open Media Library.

Slysoft: How about a an option for DVR-MS?

Thanks again.

A movie comes out as one vob, while I use multiple vobs (1 per episode) for TV shows. Here's what I do:

Use MyMovies for Windows Home Server own ripper for movie DVDs (stick the disk in and wait until it spits it out - hey presto, one big .mpg file that the Linksys will play)

Use CloneDVDMobile for TV shows where I want a seperate .mpg file for each episode (the extender does not support DVD menus and the like and cannot play the ts_video folder structure.) I then link those mpg files to the titles in MyMovies.

I've never managed to get Transcode360 working reliably enough (might be because I have 5 extenders in use) so stick with burning through disk space for pre-converted files.

Open Media Library does look good, as does MediaBrowser. The MyMovies add-in is feeling very old-fashioned in comparison. But... as they say, it ain't broke, so I'm loathe to fix it!

I second the wish for a DVR-MS option, and also the new recording format that appeared in TV Pack and Windows 7

CloneDVD Mobile Profile for DMA2100

Has anybody found a good setting for ripping DVD's to play on the Windows Media Extender (Linksys DMA2100)?

Any updates on this?
I would like to use CloneDVD Mobile, but what ever I try, Linksys DMA2100 refuses to play, or video/audio is jerky.

Now, I tried to also create a new profile in the devices.ini, and it appeared in the list.
But, if I change the profile options and settings, seemingly nothing changes in the encoding process, how do I force it refresh devices.ini?

Last edited:
would also love DVR-MS or WTV conversion of DVDs and really wishing for BluRay to DVR-MS or WTV support.

Back