Best Buy & Toshiba Doing the Right Thing

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (Blu-ray issues)' started by wdgoldstein, Apr 7, 2008.

1. wdgoldstein

wdgoldstein Beta Tester

FYI: Back in February I purchased a Toshiba A30 HD-DVD player open box on close out for $49.00. The system was and is in perfect condition. I have mailed away for te 5 free DVD's as offered and have verified that my order is in the que and will be fulfilled. A bit ago I rec'd a recorded message from Best Buy that since I had purchased outdated technology they would be sending me a $50 gift card. Hence a very nice upscaling HD-DVD player, 5 HD-DVD's and a $1 profit.

Wish I could find other deals this good. :)

2. Rusty257

Rusty257 Well-Known Member

circuit city 50% all HD DVD titles (in store only)

Amazon 60% select titles

hollywood video - 2fer 20

gamestop - buy 2 get 2 BR and HD, may have ended

XboX 360 drive for 49 is still a great deal too.

3. WALLstAL

WALLstAL Active Member

Got my $50 from Best Buy! I paid $299!

Should I spend it on a LG GGC-H20L ????

Last edited: Apr 8, 2008
  4. 3r1c

3r1c Well-Known Member

Are you sure this is not some kind of mistake??

They were selling them at $49 as they were discontinued, if you had paid $299 for it then i could understand why they would do this.

5. Rusty257

you had to have purchased a player before feb something of this year. I believe the date they choose is before they dropped the price to 49

also blockbuster now has a 2fer 20 deal on HD DVD as well.

6. Rusty257

7. Rusty257

8. JU1CYFRU1T

JU1CYFRU1T New Member

Amazon is also offering their HD DVD buyers a $50 credit. I bought my A35 back in February for $200, and received an email from them last week about the $50 credit towards a future purchase. No I just have to select $50 worth of titles (at ~$10 a piece)...

Or maybe I'll use the credit towards a universal computer player (like the LG or Panasonic)... hmmmmm... what to buy.