• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Bee Movie

tuxbully

Anyone have luck successfully backing up the Bee Movie?
It appears to backup and create the necessary structure( When using Rip DVD ) on my HDD but doesn’t remove the copy protection. Once I attempt to rip the movie using either Handbrake or Crunch it is unable to see a valid title. This issue appears to be specific to copy protection with recent DVD title releases because I have also had the same results using the MAC platform.
Version’s @ OS levels
Windows Vista with AnyDVD 6.4.0.0 & Handbrake 0.9.2
Leopard with Mac the Ripper 2.6.6 & Handbrake 0.9.2
Thanks,
Tuxbully

Anyone have luck successfully backing up the Bee Movie?
It appears to backup and create the necessary structure( When using Rip DVD ) on my HDD but doesn’t remove the copy protection. Once I attempt to rip the movie using either Handbrake or Crunch it is unable to see a valid title. This issue appears to be specific to copy protection with recent DVD title releases because I have also had the same results using the MAC platform.
Version’s @ OS levels
Windows Vista with AnyDVD 6.4.0.0 & Handbrake 0.9.2
Leopard with Mac the Ripper 2.6.6 & Handbrake 0.9.2
Thanks,
Tuxbully

If it rips fine to the hard drive there is no protection.

a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original movie dvd in your burner. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Go to your My Documents folder
h) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
i) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif
(in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread)
j) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
k) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
l) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
m) click "upload"
n) Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .zip file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at

File is attached.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_E_BEE_MOVIE.zip
    170.5 KB · Views: 8
Changed firstplay: Jump directly to Title 10!

Open up AnyDVD and hit default. This part doesn't always work.

After you do that try again

Do as Charlie recommended.

Iviaspi (system32\drivers\iviaspi.sys), Version: 1.0.0.0 (1.0.0.0)
Company: InterVideo, Inc.
Product: InterVideo ASPI Shell
Copyright: InterVideo, Inc. 1999-2003. All rights reserved.
Description: InterVideo ASPI Shell
FileVersion: 1, 0, 0, 0
ProductVersion: 1, 0, 0, 0

The InterVideo filter can be problematic at times but I don't believe it is the problem in this case.

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.4.0.0)
LITE-ON DVDRW SHM-165H6S HS0E 2006/07/11 21:45
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2037200 sectors (3978 MBytes)
Total size: 3988931 sectors (7790 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: BEE_MOVIE
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1 4!

Sometimes not having your drive region set will cause problems with the removal of CSS when making your backup.

report titlekey failed, sense 5:6f:4
authenticate_drive: obtain 1
report agid failed, sense 5:2c:0
agid 3
client 5a01a6dcf9d0740120e0
key1 d3bf502585
variant 0
host a4838feb1b105f60d335
key2 3297a33968
challenge d3bf5025853297a33968
bus ef608d95ee
player 1 of 34
player 1 of 34
disc 6acb11d3bf
report titlekey failed, sense 5:6f:2

This may be related to your drive region not being set.

Please set your drive region to whichever is appropriate for where you live:

(1) Right click the fox on your toolbar. Exit Anydvd
(2) Click start. Right click on "My computer"--->select "properties".
(3) Click on the 'Hardware' tab--->click the 'device manager' button.
(4) Open the dvd/cdrom branch---> right click on your optical drive
(5) Click "properties".
(6) You should have a region tab. From there you can select a region.
(7) Select the region that you're in
(8 ) Start Anydvd

After you've done that please create a new log file and post it.

Last edited:
I appreciate the help Charlie, but It Didn’t work. This is going the long about way but this is what worked for me. (The kids are now happily enjoying the Bee Movie on Apple TV )
After ripping the DVD with AnyDVD I then used CloneDVD and Extracted Title 10. (the movie Track) and output to DVD files . Handbrake now had no issue’s reading the DVD files and encoding.

DrinkLyeAndDie, I am also going to give your recommendation a try.
Thanks,
Tuxbully

I appreciate the help Charlie, but It Didn’t work. This is going the long about way but this is what worked for me. (The kids are now happily enjoying the Bee Movie on Apple TV )
After ripping the DVD with AnyDVD I then used CloneDVD and Extracted Title 10. (the movie Track) and output to DVD files . Handbrake now had no issue’s reading the DVD files and encoding.

With newer protections (ie structural protections) it is, in fact, better in some cases to rip the disc to the HDD before using HandBrake.

DrinkLyeAndDie, I am also going to give your recommendation a try.
Thanks,
Tuxbully

My suggestion may or may not help in this case but if the titlekeys can't be obtained it may cause problems elsewhere.

DrinkLyeAndDie,
I appreciate the help but I got the same results setting the region code. It’s not a big deal it just adds one step to the process.

On another note I always rip DVD’s to a 10K RPM drive prior to encoding. I have tried doing it straight from DVD and it was painfully slow.

If it helps you or others, I can capture a log from the region code change but since it didn’t work; I think the point is moot

Thanks Again,
TuxBully

Once I attempt to rip the movie using either Handbrake or Crunch it is unable to see a valid title.

That's not an Anydvd issue. Anydvd handles this title perfectly fine. And as you used Anydvd ripper to successfully rip the movie to your hard drive, the protection is no longer on your rip.

Take it up your issue with Handbrake and Crunch developers.

Rip from Anydvd ripper = full disc uncompressed rip from Clonedvd
Consequently, if extracting the main movie only worked, then your third party programs have issues reading full disc titlesets.

Back