• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

BD to DVD

RichMc

I've searched the forum but cannot find quite what I'm looking for,
I've just got an LG GGC-H20L & any DVD HD (I've used any/clone for ages).
What I want to do is make DVD backups of my BR discs,taking dark knight as am example I've managed to rip to HDD and found the file in stream that is the .m2ts for the movie, I've even used imgburn to make an iso file the trouble is its huge! so where do I go from here to squash it to 4.7Gb? and burn it to DVD?

I think I may have put this in the wrong forum so appologies for a double post.

I've searched the forum but cannot find quite what I'm looking for,
I've just got an LG GGC-H20L & any DVD HD (I've used any/clone for ages).
What I want to do is make DVD backups of my BR discs (keep sticky fingers off the originals) ,taking dark knight as am example I've managed to rip to HDD and found the file in stream that is the .m2ts for the movie, I've even used imgburn to make an iso file the trouble is its huge! so where do I go from here to squash it to 4.7Gb? and burn it to DVD?

I use MeGui to reencode my video and audio in order to fit it on a DVD. Other than that BD Rebuilder is on it's way but is still a beta at present.

Remember a 1080p Dark Knight isn't going to look great on a BD-5!

Thanks Sysmic, I'll give it a go, I know I will be back to DVD quality but it's for playing on DVD players round the house so the originals dont get smothered in jam, lost down sofas or scratched! The originals stay with my shiny new Samsung 50in series six plasma.

If it's for playing on DVD players then using MeGui alone won't work. MeGui allows you to reencode to MP4, MKV or raw AVC. I then burn the resulting file on a DVD as a data disc. I then play it on my PS3.

If you create a reencoded MKV in MeGui you can then load the file into TMPGEnc and create DVD compliant MPEG2 video and MP2/AC3 audio files.

Last edited:
If you have the latest tmpeg you can just load in the m2ts file into it rather than making it into an MKV (although you may have to convert the audio in tsmuxer to AC3 first)

Thanks adbear, thanks for the info, I'm afraid its a bit to tecno for me, could you give me a step by step that a dyslectic chicken would understand as thats about my level. Thanks

Follow the 'movie only' guide found in the forum stickies, if it has HD audio then convert it to AC3, then just load the end file into Tmpeg and convert.
Or look in the HD software forum and find the beta BD shrinking software

Back