• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

BD burner for CloneBD

richbikerun

Hi and HELP!!!

Have Pioneer BDR-XD07 burner. Seems to be malfunctioning when burning with CloneBD. I have been making a few coasters! Would anyone suggest a replacement from Amazon? Live in US. Don't need anything too involved. This burner is discontinued. Thank you for your suggestions.
Rich!

Thanks for opening your own thread.

Here a copy of my answer:
I have a Verbatim external slim drive, they have Pioneer UD04 drives in them. Chances are that you also get a Pioneer in there. But it is not sure.
Then you could buy a BU40N and an enclosure. Also a slim drive, but without a case, so you need the enclosure.

Thank you DeepSpace. Am looking for an external drive though. Any and all recommendations are appreciated.

And I told you about external drives, even if you need an enclosure for the second one. Or do you mean full-size drives, not slim drives?

Any thoughts about this one???

PIONEER BDR-XD08UMB-S Pinnacle of The XD08 Series with a Matte-Black Body USB 3.2 Gen1 (USB Type-C) / 2.0 Slim Portable BD/DVD/CD Writer Features The Latest high-Grade Rubber Coating​

And I told you about external drives, even if you need an enclosure for the second one. Or do you mean full-size drives, not slim drives?
Prefer slim. Thank you for your help.
Thank you for your time and patience DeepSpace.

Pioneers in general are considered good. Do you want to copy UHD discs at some time? Because based on the Amazon entry, it doesn't look like it is able to copy UHD discs. And for that price you can already get one of them. Just keep in mind that you need MakeMKV in order to copy a UHD disc with AnyDVD in that case. It has to be installed, but you don't need to do anything more than using AnyDVD as usual.
If you don't have AnyDVD, it might also work to use MakeMKV only in order to copy it with CloneBD. But I never tried it myself until now, so I will say no more here. You should wait for other people to comment, if you are not willing to purchase an enclosure along the BU40N or taking the risk that the Verbatim might contain another drive than the UD04. But considering the fact that I already got two, and I think someone else once said that he also got a Pioneer, you should be good to go. And if not, just return it.

Any thoughts about this one???

PIONEER BDR-XD08UMB-S Pinnacle of The XD08 Series with a Matte-Black Body USB 3.2 Gen1 (USB Type-C) / 2.0 Slim Portable BD/DVD/CD Writer Features The Latest high-Grade Rubber Coating​

Hold on! Most likely the 08 is not burning better than the 07. I assume your burns make problems with BD50. Then read this:

If your burns make issues with BD25 then your discs are bad.

We need some mor information from your side.

Thanks again all! Actually, had this problem before I purchased the Pioneer...all I would burn were coasters! Now am doing that again-25GB coasters! Pioneer is acting strange when finalizing, says to replace media and try again. Attached is error.
Odd thing is same Pioneer is burning DVD D/L. Go figure. Think if I replace it after 3+ years might work. I may try other BD media.

Attachments

• CloneBD.1.3.1.0.TOP_GUN_MAVERICK.cbdlog
    1 MB · Views: 5
Looks like the laser lens is polluted. Get a cleaning CD, yes CD, and try to clean the lens. Try again. Report back.

Wow! Some great ideas/help. Think I'll try dusting the optical then burning something else. Could have a corrupt ripping for whatever reason.

OK Coopervid and DeepSpace--
Just succeeded after burning a dvd!!! Go figure! Perhaps using better media may have helped, not too sure where coaster media came from. I subsequently cleaned optical and am burning a different BD. Soooo...thank you both, I only hope someone returns favour to both of you. Will get back on current BD burning.

OK Coopervid and DeepSpace--
Just succeeded after burning a dvd!!! Go figure! Perhaps using better media may have helped, not too sure where coaster media came from. I subsequently cleaned optical and am burning a different BD. Soooo...thank you both, I only hope someone returns favour to both of you. Will get back on current BD burning.
DVDs use a different laser (red) than what Blu-rays use, which is a blue laser (actually it's violet, hence the term Blu-ray) just to let you know.

So for example, your DVD laser could still be working, but your Blu-ray laser could be easily defective at the same time.

You still didn't reply if you burn BD25 or BD50 which is very important. BD50 discs consist of two 25GB layers and the main trouble occurs when the burner switches from the first to the second layer. And it's only partly the fault of the burner when that fails. Main cause is the quality of the discs. You can see the MID (media ID) in the software Imgburn which is equivalent to a manufacturer code for the discs.

You should really read what I posted in #8.

Last edited:
Another issue could be that the drive doesn't get enough power via USB. Please use a powered USB hub between the USB port of your PC and the drive or connect the drive with an USB-C cable to your PC if it has an USB-C port.

Thank you all for ALL your help. I do hope someone returns the favour. I have subsequently tried Verbatim media. The media I had been using was sitting around for a few years and I do not know its origin. I had also gently wiped the optical viewer as was mentioned. So....

Been ripping BD's with Pioneer BDR-XD07B 6X Slim Portable USB 3.0. Lately it has been giving me nothing more than headaches. I would like to get a similar replacement from Amazon. Unfortunately it is no longer available. Could someone kindly suggest a similar external burner that I could order from Amazon?
Thank you very much!
Rich!

Back