• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

"Battlestar Galactica Razor" USA edition from blockbusters

Slippery when wet

Hi, using this latest version of anydvd I tried to copy "Battlestar Galactica Razor" USA edition from blockbusters and this happened.
It did read the disc and prompted to copy and as I selected the save file location, the br player started doing it's job but it seemed to be working to hard. It locked up the screen so I was not able to make a file for you to see what went wrong? And it unmounted the BR Player from the list of Mycomputer stuff. If you need anymore info let me know. Hope I explain it enough, if not Ill try again.

Exit out of AnyDVD HD (right click on the fox icon down by the clock and choose 'exit') Is the disc then seen in Windows? If not then you have a faulty/dirty disc or failing drive. If it is seen then try making an ISO using image burn. If that fails to make an image then again you have a faulty/dirty disc or failing drive

After further trying, the BR Disc just locks up the computer screen but the mouse is still able to move. It will not activate anything so to shut down I have to "ALT,CTRL,DELETE" and use that window to shut down and restart. Without using the AnyDVD app that disc will lockup my computer when just trying to watch it on PowerDVD. Although the disc will play in a normal BR player?

After further trying, the BR Disc just locks up the computer screen but the mouse is still able to move. It will not activate anything so to shut down I have to "ALT,CTRL,DELETE" and use that window to shut down and restart. Without using the AnyDVD app that disc will lockup my computer when just trying to watch it on PowerDVD. Although the disc will play in a normal BR player?

It's most probably that this is a bad disc. Rentals get abused. Either the disc is scratched, dirty, scuffed, etc. You can try carefully cleaning the disc and trying again. Nonetheless, the fault is most likely the disc and if you have no problems with any other DVDs/Blu-Ray discs then this further leads to the problem being this singular disc. If cleaning the disc makes no difference then return it and let Blockbuster know that the disc is bad and locks up your player and you want a replacement disc.

The reason that a standalone player plays the disc is that, in general, they are better readers and more fault tolerant than drives that go in PCs.

Last edited:
I managed a log file today, and the BR Disc is in drive E that is not listed anymore? But this time it is a new title RED DAWN. And now I understand that I want a backup, not a copy.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.1.7.0_Info_F_EMPTY_DRIVE.zip
    38.9 KB · Views: 5
I'm not sure what you want, you've already proven in your previous post that it was either your drive or the disc causing the issue. In this last post you make reference to a drive 'E' but then give a log for an empty drive 'F'. If drive 'E' is not being seen by Windows or by AnyDVD HD then it's most likely the drive that is dying. As you are using XP try re-installing the Toshiba UDF 2.5 drivers, the link is in the last post of this thread
http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=15597

Last edited:
Thanks for the very useful info, thinking like you mentioned that the drive may be going bad. You got it right. What I did was pull out both optical drives and I discovered that on the DVD drive the "Alignment Blade" built onto the drive for the "SATA DATA" cable was sheared off. That in turn started a little "Intermittent info sharing" with a little bit of "Short Circuit" added to the mix and that is what caused the problem. The BR Drive is now working, the ANYDVD HD is working away like a normal thing that it is. You guys are the best, Thank You Very Much.

Back