• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Batch download: first experiences

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another thing that I discover for Hulu. In previous version, when season were downloaded episode by episode AS was staying at the right level (ie same season 3rd episode then same season 4th episode). Now, with the batch version, when adding episode by episode, AS is coming back always at Season 1. I will test also NF and Prime

Batch downloading is my jam! I do wish that for a series it was easier to finish up a season, like a check box to select which episodes. But I figured it out, just did a download all the then removed the ones I already had. Just wasted 1 token on the first episode, not a big loss.

1) it only downloads from 3 of the providers at a time where before I could download something from all 5 providers at the same time.
Just go into settings and set a value of 5 instead of three and there you have it again. The reason this limit was added, is that you now don't have any real manual control over concurrent downloads and need to limit it. Typically, when downloading from more than 3 at the same time, you'll experience timeouts and risk aborts. Plus it usually won't really go faster overall.
2) i haven't found a way to reorder the queue for a provider.
That is, of course, planned. Just not for the beta, yet.

Batch downloading is my jam! I do wish that for a series it was easier to finish up a season, like a check box to select which episodes. But I figured it out, just did a download all the then removed the ones I already had. Just wasted 1 token on the first episode, not a big loss.
That is one way to do it - but if the files are still there, then AnyStream will automatically give you the option to skip the ones that are already there.
Checkboxes will probably come, too. We just don't want to clutter the UI too much, it needs to stay comprehensible, there are so many examples of terrible UI design out there...

That is one way to do it - but if the files are still there, then AnyStream will automatically give you the option to skip the ones that are already there.
Checkboxes will probably come, too. We just don't want to clutter the UI too much, it needs to stay comprehensible, there are so many examples of terrible UI design out there...
When I tried downloading a partial series from IMDB (Amazon) It did not automatically allow me to "skip" the episodes I had already downloaded. I had to pause and then delete about 8 from the que and restarted. I lost one token when it re-downloaded the 1st episode.

HOWEVER, when I use the download que on the remaining of a series on Netflix it gave me a skip button. Perhaps it was because the first example above was the "second" download that was happening? I do not know, however, I can not worry about it too much, once I finish the couple series' I had already begun to download I can not see where I would have to worry about it skipping again. (just my opinion of course).

looks like 1.2.4.3 has a functionality i asked for as well, look forward to trying out batch download when it makes its way to AS release version.

thanks for this dev team !

The main problem with Batch Downloading for me is that in Netflix sometimes AS download Latin American Spanish audios instead of Castillian Spanish audio in the same season.

I am closing this thread now, because the title is an invitation to everybody to share their "first experiences", be they "cool" or "features missing" or "crashes" or "download failed".
And turns into a hot mess that no one can navigate or comprehend anymore, at least when it comes to troubleshooting issues.

I just spent a few minutes searching for certain Hulu problems, that I knew had been mentioned somewhere, this thread was among the last I checked due to its inconspicuous title. Thread titles are important.
(Opening a thread with this title is not the problem, it's more the hijacking it for all kinds of problem reports).

Please, if you have problems or even suggestions, just open a new thread with a descriptive thread title, that helps us enormously and also helps users who are searching for particular problems.
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back