• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Basic Ripping Question

KelB

Hi Everyone,

Just a really basic question. I am after a program that will allow me to rip my dvds, convert into a format that can play on the TV and store on an external hard drive. Would Clone DVD Mobile do this??

Hi Everyone,

Just a really basic question. I am after a program that will allow me to rip my dvds, convert into a format that can play on the TV and store on an external hard drive. Would Clone DVD Mobile do this??

Those are two different questions into one.

Ripping and conversion are two different process.

What you need to know is what format your TV can play before starting this process.

CloneDVDmobile is to convert to portable media players like smart phone and iPhone devices because of their limited space capacity.

For TV that depends on is it wifi or has USB pluging or connected to your NAS.

So you need to research what you TV can do before starting out here.

KelB

Working on the assumption that your TV can either play MP4s or you have something attached to it that can play MP4s then yes CloneDVD Mobile will do that just fine. If you want to copy commercial DVDs to your drive then you will also need AnyDVD or AnyDVD HD if you might want to rip BluRay at some point in the future

I have been using AnyDVD and CloneDVD mobile for over three years now and have ripped hundreds of DVDs to my NAS. Out of all of those, I have only had about 3 that I couldn't rip with this software. One of those I just gave up on and the others had to be done with other software that produced a worse quality file.

Back