• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Band of Brothers

hiro1030

TMT plays Band of Brothers US version BD fine without AnyDVD running in the background. :)

PowerDVD Ultra 7.3 4407 won't play it correctly without AnyDVD HD running in the background. Pretty much white screen with audio only.

So, I turned on AnyDVD HD. AnyDVD message window popped up to tell me that I need to download a patch to play Band of Brothers correctly. I clicked on "Yes" to download, but it seems nothing happened.

Sorry about that and thanks! :)

Actually, that wasn't my intention though...I thought I was just comparing TMT with PowerDVD, but when I reread my post, it does sound like I was talking about the problem with AnyDVD. :p

Now, I'm curious about the pop up message about the patch for Band of Brothers. :)

Here we go.

AnyDVD 6.4.7.9

track 1 from 0 to 16450144, Control 4
Drive free
read physical failed, sense 5:24:0
dvd-rom version 0 120mm 2.52mbps parallel
Layer 0 End: 0
read copyright failed, sense 5:24:0
layer 1 reserved free
standard udf
label BAND_OF_BROTHERS_D2
AACS!
HD type: 1
MKB version 8
514ec3091125
c31f68c1a06a
HD: GetVolumeKey 1
parse_image took 3 seconds
hdtitles
Sending Patchlevel 1
mode 9247 0x241f

Thanks! :)

I tried to post an entire log, but I received " You have included 7 images in your message. You are limited to using 4 images so please go back and correct the problem and then continue again:.

I'll capture the image instead.

I tried to post an entire log, but I received " You have included 7 images in your message. You are limited to using 4 images so please go back and correct the problem and then continue again:.

I'll capture the image instead.

Post the whole ZIP file as an attachment. You shouldn't be extracting anything from the ZIP.

We don't want the picture. We need the ZIP which contains more than just one file.

Do not post images.

Do this instead:

a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original disc in your optical drive/reader. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Go to your My Documents folder
h) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
i) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif
(in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread)
j) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
k) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
l) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
m) click "upload"
n) Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .zip file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at

Last edited by a moderator:
Post the whole ZIP file as an attachment. You shouldn't be extracting anything from the ZIP.

We don't want the picture. We need the ZIP which contains more than just one file.

Got it. Hope this is it.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_H_BAND_OF_BROTHERS_D2.zip
    188 KB · Views: 7
Well, I think the problem was PowerDVD 7.3. After I installed AnyDVD HD 6.4.8.4, PowerDVD 7.3 4407 still won't play properly (white screen and just audio). Then, I updated PowerDVD 7.3 from 4407 to 4617, but still no go.

On the other hand, TMT plays just fine with or without AnyDVD HD (6.4.7.9.or 6.4.8.4) running in the background.

I checked other forums about Band of Brothers. It appears some folks are having problems with this title with PowerDVD 7.3. TMT and WinDVD play this title fine.

Well, I think the problem was PowerDVD 7.3. After I installed AnyDVD HD 6.4.8.4, PowerDVD 7.3 4407 still won't play properly (white screen and just audio). Then, I updated PowerDVD 7.3 from 4407 to 4617, but still no go.

On the other hand, TMT plays just fine with or without AnyDVD HD (6.4.7.9.or 6.4.8.4) running in the background.

I checked other forums about Band of Brothers. It appears some folks are having problems with this title with PowerDVD 7.3. TMT and WinDVD play this title fine.

Good to know this information. Thanks for the update although I'm sorry to hear there is yet another issue with PowerDVD and a BD release.

Last edited:
Back