• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Bad Pressing/Defective disc] Race To Witch Mt

PHANTOM1939

First off...it takes about a minute + to scan.When finished I have 130 files. Both the Backup on the drive and the burned disc won't play. During the process, I didn't get any error messages. I tried the "rip video to hard disc" and got 131 files and it still didn't work. I know that I'm doing something wrong, because I read the forum daily and havn't seen this video mentioned. This was my first 'coaster' in over 200 backups. I tried to add the URL from Amazon.ca, but I couldn't attache it. If you need more info, please ask...Thanx....Pops

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.5.7.2_Info_E_WTM-0N-NY1.2_DES.zip
    659.8 KB · Views: 5
  • Race to witch mt.zip
    52.3 KB · Views: 6
Sorry guys...Here is the disc that I'm trying to backup. If I'm not doing this forum thing right, please excuse me as I rarely post on any forum. I read it every day and before I backup a disc just to check for problems that others may have. Thanx agaian...Pops

Attachments

• RTWMt.JPG
    RTWMt.JPG
    93.4 KB · Views: 5
First off...it takes about a minute + to scan.When finished I have 130 files. Both the Backup on the drive and the burned disc won't play. During the process, I didn't get any error messages. I tried the "rip video to hard disc" and got 131 files and it still didn't work. I know that I'm doing something wrong, because I read the forum daily and havn't seen this video mentioned. This was my first 'coaster' in over 200 backups. I tried to add the URL from Amazon.ca, but I couldn't attache it. If you need more info, please ask...Thanx....Pops

According to the log the burn was cancelled before it was completed.

D path: D:/RACE TO WITCH MOUNTAIN/VIDEO_TS
D FormatterConfig:
D applicationId: ELBY CLONEDVD
D providerId:
D volumeId: WTM-0N-NY1.2_DES
D systemId:
D joliet: 0
D DVDWriterConfig:
D drive: 5
D speed: 800
D overwrite: 0
D bufferSize: 32
D minReserve: 16
D blocksAtOnce: 128
W 22:04:21 Writing stopped: cancelled

The log closes off because I save them all to hard disc before burning. When I buy from Amazon.ca, I buy about 3 to 6 DVD's at a time to save on shipping cost. I then go back and burn all of them, one after the other. This is the method I've been using for over 700 backups in the past 3 years. I know...I have to get a life. I'm a senior and a movie buff who has lots of time and money on my hands.... I'm kidding about the money, but I do recieve a sizeable pension. This is also the first 'miss' I have had in over 200 backups. I will follow any advice that you may give. Thanx, Pops

I tested this disc two ways using AnyDVD 6.5.7.2 beta and CloneDVD 2.9.2.4 beta:

1. I kept Title 39 which is the movie, the menus, and English audio, and English sub-titles. This worked fine and fits on a DVD-5 blank without requiring compression.
  2. I made a full-disc backup compressed to DVD-5 at ~75% quality. It plays back without a problem.

I don't understand. Are you using 'copy dvd titles' the first box in Clonedvd2??? and only checking the one title??? I always use the second box 'clone dvd' and save to HD and then the third box for burning.

The log closes off because I save them all to hard disc before burning. When I buy from Amazon.ca, I buy about 3 to 6 DVD's at a time to save on shipping cost. I then go back and burn all of them, one after the other. This is the method I've been using for over 700 backups in the past 3 years. I know...I have to get a life. I'm a senior and a movie buff who has lots of time and money on my hands.... I'm kidding about the money, but I do recieve a sizeable pension. This is also the first 'miss' I have had in over 200 backups. I will follow any advice that you may give. Thanx, Pops

If you first copy the disc to your HDD before burning then you should select DVD files as your output method rather than DVD writer. It would save you cancelling a burn.

That said, I have the same disc you have and I'm not having a problem with it.

OK..... I'll try that and get back to you tomorrow. One more question, is this how you always backup, or is this just for disney and problem discs? Tomorrow, Pops

I don't understand. Are you using 'copy dvd titles' the first box in Clonedvd2??? and only checking the one title??? I always use the second box 'clone dvd' and save to HD and then the third box for burning.

I used Clone DVD. With one test I kept everything and compressed to a single layer blank. The second test I only kept Title 39, the menus, and English audio and subtitles. I just deselected everything else.

Clone DVD and Copy DVD Titles are essentially the same thing except that everything but the longest title being deselected and the menus being deselected. Copy DVD Titles is a shortcut for people who make movie-only backups. Rather than doing it by hand the software does it for you.

OK..... I'll try that and get back to you tomorrow. One more question, is this how you always backup, or is this just for disney and problem discs? Tomorrow, Pops

I always remove the unrelated trailers, advertisements, and other garbage from backups that I make. I keep only what relates to the movie I'm making a backup of. In this case I tested a full-disc backup to see if I could duplicate your problem and I can't. I'm using a rewritable DVD to test with.

I always use Clone DVD regardless of what I keep or don't keep and then manually make my choices. I always keep menus and Clone DVD has it checked by default and when I use Copy DVD Titles I tend to forget to manually check the box to keep the menus.

I believe whatever the problem is in this situation is either media related or on the burning end of things with CloneDVD. AnyDVD isn't having a problem with this disc. I'm moving this thread to the CloneDVD forum.

Last edited:
I believe whatever the problem is in this situation is either media related or on the burning end of things with CloneDVD. AnyDVD isn't having a problem with this disc. I'm moving this thread to the CloneDVD forum.

Ok...We can't be talking about media at this point, as I havn't got to the burn to media point. I'm trying my backup on the computer using 'nero showtime' as I always have for the last several years.
Tat being said, I followed your advice last night and did 2 tests. This first test is with clonedvd and preserving the menue and the output method is DVD Files. Nothing works.

Attachments

659.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Race to witch mt.zip
    27.1 KB · Views: 0
This is the second method. I used 'copy dvd titles'. Only title 39 and preserve menues is checked. Again the out put method is 'DVD Files'. The same result. No movie. I am going to try one more using 'clonedvd' with only title 39 checked, but this time I will send it to the blank media. By the way, on blank media, about six monthe ago Webslinger told me to get rid of the cheap Cosco discs. I changed to Tyo Yudin (??). I went from a 23 cent disc to a 64 cent disc from Memory Express. Lets try this again......Ok...I'll keep watching the forum....Thanx...Pops

Attachments

• Race to witch mt2.zip
    27.1 KB · Views: 1
    659.6 KB · Views: 1
:bang::bang: I just noticed that their is a VERY visible large spotting on the original dvd. I'm going to return this disc to Amazon.ca and stop at Wal-mart and pick up another one. Could this be the problem???? Pops

Attachments

• Race To Witch Mt.jpg
    Race To Witch Mt.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 364
Last edited:
:doh:I'll have to check those discs out. Ok...Just successfully backed up 'Defiance' and 'Watchmen'. I also backed up, again, my 'National Treasure 2' which is also a Disney movie. All were successful. So I assume that I can rule out equipment failure. I bought and RETURNED a copy of RTWMt to Walmart. Same problem..(uneven dye on disc). I then phoned Amazon.ca to request an exchange, and they replied that they are recieving numerous complaints about this movie. So instead of doing an exchange, they credited my Visa. YES...please add this to your bad pressing list. I think we have exhausted all options on this movie. I am going to wait for a few weeks to catch the next pressing and release of this movie. Thanx for all your help and advice. I learned a few things from this experience and value that highly.......Thanx again....Pops

;)I just priced the discs that you mentioned and after paying for shipping and Visa charges, I'm probably better off with Memory Express and using my debit. I'm only 5 blocks from them.....Thanx again...Pops.

Back