• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Backup Region B Blu-ray 3D

tqhoang

With Disney's apparent abandoning of Blu-ray 3D in USA, I'm considering purchasing the Ratatouille Blu-ray 3D (France Region B). Since I've never had to deal with non-Region A discs before, what would be the preferred method to backup the disc to BD50 and play on my Sony Blu-ray players (BX-57 and BX-58 ).

Would this work?
Rip to ISO (but remove protections and region coding). Then burn ISO to BD50.

With Disney's apparent abandoning of Blu-ray 3D in USA, I'm considering purchasing the Ratatouille Blu-ray 3D (France Region B). Since I've never had to deal with non-Region A discs before, what would be the preferred method to backup the disc to BD50 and play on my Sony Blu-ray players (BX-57 and BX-58 ).

Would this work?
Rip to ISO (but remove protections and region coding). Then burn ISO to BD50.

That will work... The trick is when dealing with 3D is to make a direct 1 to 1 copy leaving all the trailers, FBI warnings, sound tracks etc in tact. I found when changing anything in a 3D Blu-ray when creating an ISO, it can cause play back problems.
The only thing that is needed here is to remove the region code.

There is also a UK version as well.

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Ratatouille-3D-Blu-ray/104153/

"Remove region code" must be ticked _ leave everything else the same and do not enable "Speed Menu"

Region.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks! Actually the UK was the one I intend to purchase. I just had the French release stuck in my head because I remember reading about it getting released there first.

For "Remove region code", do you typically try it on Automatic first. Then if it doesn't work, then specify Region B?

UPDATE: Nevermind...I searched and found this informative thread on region removal.

Last edited:
Be careful with Bluray titles obtained from "PAL" countries if you are in the USA: it may be possible for menus or material to be authored at framerates that are not supported by USA players or TVs.

I would check out the characteristics of a title before performing a 1:1 copy as it may not just be the region coding that may cause issues.

If there are menu issues I would be inclined to create the copy with SpeedMenu enabled and live with the lack of identification of extras (there usually aren't many extras included in 3D discs anyway), or go a step further and remux into a more compact movie-only version with BD Rebuilder and create mkv for any extras.

If you are unfortunate enough to get a disc that has 50i material, short of owning a player that can perform standards conversion or re-encoding the material with a supported framerate, there isn't much you can do.

Note that burning to BD-R means that if the original disc had Cinavia, you will likely lose audio after 20 minutes on a Bluray player designed after 2012. You might be better off saving these Bluray to HDD and obtaining a media player that will play the files from HDD (media players generally do not support Cinavia). Sony has been the major protagonist for Cinavia corruption IIRC.

Last edited:
Back