• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Backup of Matrix Reloaded won't play in Samsung BD-P1500

Alan111S

Hi

I was wondering if anybody else had this problem. I ripped Matrix Reloaded, using Rip to ISO, Keep Protection.

I am now trying to burn a BD-RE to play in my standalone player - a Samsung BD-P1500. I know the Sammy plays BD-RE and I have done this successfully before. I am following Adbear's guide.

So I am mounting the protected ISO with Virtual Clone Drive, running AnyDVD HD with Adbear's settings (Enable BluRay Support, Remove BD+, UOPs, Disable BD-Live, Remove Region Code-set to Region Free as this disc has no Region Coding)

The resulting BD-RE will play fine in PowerDVD 7.3 but in the Sammy it plays the Federal notice WB logo and R for Restricted notice then sticks (00:00 on the display).

The Sammy is running the latest firmware for Australia (Version 2.0).

Anybody else manage to rip this and play in a similar player?

Edit: Oops! I need to put my reading glasses on! All I can say is I've never had a problem with any backup I've burned & put in my BD-P1500. I had some issues originally with a BD-P1000, but that was due to (at the time) me making movie-only backups with tsremux, which had some issues (and I don't see that being related to your issue, as you aren't using any remuxer)

Last edited:
I've had some issues with other discs but these were resolved by disabling 'Remove Ads and Trailers' option.

I'm wondering if I need to use the remove Region Code option. All my discs are either Region B or Region Free, so why bother?

I will try again without Remove Region but leaving Disable BD-Live ticked.

Have you tried to press "OK" or "Chapter forwarding" on the remote control ?
I've had the same problem with the movie "21" on my BD-P1500. I thought it had frozen but it was not.

Thanks Luke

I tried to jump to next chapter but I didn't try "OK".

I've used the blank BD-RE for something else, but when I get a chance I'll give that a shot and report back.

With DVD's, if you disable PUO's, sometimes it can give you a weird behaviour, especially with angles.

Have you tried not to remove them when you rip the BD to the ISO?.

BTW, I don´t have BD yet, so my answer is based in what I have read from.

Last edited:
Shouldn't make any difference on Blu-ray, I know this works on a PS3, so don't understand why it doesn't play back on that player

Thanks for all your replys, guys.

I have ripped Animatrix to non-protected ISO and then burned that ISO onto a BD-RE with Imgburn which played back successfully in my BD-P1500. It`s not region locked so I actually didn`t worry about the region settings.

In my OP, I was using Rip to Image, with Keep Protection initially. The idea was to cope with disks that AnyDVD HD was not decrypting properly.

From this problem , I can conclude the following:-

*** If you use Rip to Image, with Keep Protection, you can't later use that image to burn a BD-RE *** :(

You can however use it with PowerDVD!

I have deleted my backups of Matrix Reloaded and 3:10 to Yuma which also didn`t work either, and I 'm going to make new ones.

If you have time try following the guide in my sig and see if that then works

Back