• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Backup of BluRay - but its too big

jaffab

Hi all,

I have been trying to create a backup of one of my BluRay disks (HELLBOY), with no luck. I want to backup to another disk, not to a hard disk, as the rip seems to be 45Gb, which means that I will need one massive disk to backup my BluRays.

The problem is that when I use AnyDVD-HD, right hand click and say rip to disk, the files created total 45Gb, and you can only buy 25Gb disks. One of the files extracted (the main film) 00000.m2ts is 37.8Gb in size.

Yet, I read on the forums that you can copy to another bluray disk (I have a load of 25Gb disks) and they can be used, saving the original from wear and tear.

Clone DVD automaticlly downgrades the film to fit the disk, but I gather that it does not work for BluRay disks (yet).

So how does this work? Is there a another way of doing this? IS there software which compresses the movie?

Help.

Doh

Yep, I should have read the FAQ before posting. I had found this before you replied - but didnt know if this was still the best way of doing it - seemed a lot of work comapred to the cost of purchsing a disk.

However, until the CloneH-DVD comes out (come on Slysoft), this looks like the ticket. Will try it with my disks tonight.

Back