Backing up an Xbox game (not 360)

Discussion in 'CloneCD' started by Jason-Alaska, Apr 28, 2008.

1. Jason-Alaska

Jason-Alaska Member

I am trying to use CloneCD to make a backup copy of "Ghost Recon 2: Summit Strike" for the Xbox (not Xbox 360). Is CloneCD able to backup Xbox games?

I figured it's just another DVD so why not. But it stopped after 2 gigs and said "Complete" and won't play in my Xbox. AnyDVD listed the disk as Single Layer but I thought most Xbox games were D/L?

Webslinger pointed a past user with a similar question to an Xbox 360 link that helped 360 players with backups but it does not apply in my situation. Just for reference that link is here:
    Tutorial: How To Burn XBox360 Games

Has anyone had any success with an Xbox back up and if so what am I missing?

I have full versions of:
    • AnyDVD
    • CloneDVD
    • CloneCD

I am using Single Layer HP disks. :doh:

2. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

You'll find some guides here:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/forum_view.cfm/118

You'll need a mod chip for your X-box (voids your warranty).

You can burn with Clonecd instead of whatever they suggest, but that's not the hard part.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2008
  3. Yard Waste

Yard Waste Well-Known Member

Google is your friend-try it and you can easily discover the process is much more involved than just copying a disk.

You will find that it is not easy and will involve modifying your xbox.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2008
  4. Jason-Alaska

Jason-Alaska Member

Thanks for the replies guys.

I stopped reading the before mentioned link when I saw it was referring to the Xbox 360.

I had hoped I was just doing something wrong when making the backups. I'll just have to make sure my son is much more careful with the Xbox disks. I was looking for a simple solution and that does not sound like it. :disagree:

Thanks again for the help! :rock: