• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Backing up an Xbox game (not 360)

Jason-Alaska

I am trying to use CloneCD to make a backup copy of "Ghost Recon 2: Summit Strike" for the Xbox (not Xbox 360). Is CloneCD able to backup Xbox games?

I figured it's just another DVD so why not. But it stopped after 2 gigs and said "Complete" and won't play in my Xbox. AnyDVD listed the disk as Single Layer but I thought most Xbox games were D/L?

Webslinger pointed a past user with a similar question to an Xbox 360 link that helped 360 players with backups but it does not apply in my situation. Just for reference that link is here:
Tutorial: How To Burn XBox360 Games

Has anyone had any success with an Xbox back up and if so what am I missing?

I have full versions of:
  • AnyDVD
  • CloneDVD
  • CloneCD

I am using Single Layer HP disks. :doh:

Google is your friend-try it and you can easily discover the process is much more involved than just copying a disk.

You will find that it is not easy and will involve modifying your xbox.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies guys.

I stopped reading the before mentioned link when I saw it was referring to the Xbox 360.

I had hoped I was just doing something wrong when making the backups. I'll just have to make sure my son is much more careful with the Xbox disks. I was looking for a simple solution and that does not sound like it. :disagree:

Thanks again for the help! :rock:

Back