• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

back up software i should use for BD?

prarce2

so i been out the game a while of backing up disc. i want to start backing BD but dont have any software for it. last time i was on here someone said get Nero 10 but looking at it only says it plays Blu Rays. can anyone help?

nero is crap when it comes to backing up BD's

To back up BD's you'll need 2 things
1 AnyDVD HD to decrypt
2a for full disc backups there's currently only 1 option while CloneBD is in development and that BD-Rebuilder (needs a few helper tools but is free)
2b for movie only backups 1) BD-Rebuilder or 2) Clown BD (also free)

ch3vron i downloaded clown BD and dont really know how to use. i put limitless in i see floders any i tried to go into that one but nothing. sorry i am new at the BD thing.

@prarce2
You can also use AnyDVD's Rip to Image... feature, then burn this back to a blank disc with ImgBurn (Image Burn).
This method does not shrink the contents of a Blu-ray to fit on a smaller capacity blank disc though.

If you have just AnyDVD, you'll need to upgrade to AnyDVD HD.

http://www.imgburn.com/

Last edited:
For backing-up source Blu-ray disks with or without compression, entire disk or movie only, or any special clip by M2TS OR MPLS file, this is the main stream of all the software programs I use. These software programs will let you split by chapters or by blank disk size. And, you can build your back-up on blank disks BD-5, BD-9, BD-25, or BD-50.

1. ANYDVD HD (ripper)
2. Clown_BD (without compression) or BD Rebuilder (with compression) or BDtoAVCHD (with compression)
3. Imgburn

Hands on practice is the best way to learn these software programs, and trial and error, and throw Nero in the trash and only use Imgburn for burning.
:agree:

Last edited by a moderator:
so i used anydvd img ripper and for some reason when i hit copy to dvd it does not work i have anydvdHD. it says drive E: is not ready. the disk is in there waiting. maybe i need to format the disk? the disk is a optical Quantum BD-R 25GB 1X-4Xspeed. drive is a HL-DT-ST-BD-RE WH08LS20. should be good to good right? it took about 2hrs for img to copy the move it is soul surfer just to see if i can.

@prarce2
You can also use AnyDVD's Rip to Image... feature, then burn this back to a blank disc with ImgBurn (Image Burn).
This method does not shrink the contents of a Blu-ray to fit on a smaller capacity blank disc though.

If you have just AnyDVD, you'll need to upgrade to AnyDVD HD.

http://www.imgburn.com/

I read somewhere that Anydvd HD BD rips will still have the protection encrypted on the ISO image and to remove it was to use CloneDVD to rip to ISO and then use Imgburn to burn back to BD-R media??? I haven't done this myself but if someone has they could confirm this??

I read somewhere that Anydvd HD BD rips will still have the protection encrypted on the ISO image ...
Unless you tick the "keep protection" checkbox, no.... 8)

I read somewhere that Anydvd HD BD rips will still have the protection encrypted on the ISO image and to remove it was to use CloneDVD to rip to ISO and then use Imgburn to burn back to BD-R media???
CloneDVD2 doesn't work with Blu-ray.

so what should i do? i know the keep copy right is not checked. do the think the disk is to small? i mean they are 25GB disk. u think a Blu-ray movie can be that long? i can try the clonedvd thing but it is not clone is not, so will it work?

again thank u for the help u guys are giving me. this is such a new thing sucks not better then burning reg DVD's

i mean they are 25GB disk. u think a Blu-ray movie can be that long?
Is the original Blu-ray disc single layer (25GB) or double layer (50GB)?
The blank must match the original size as no compression has taken place.

1) Rip to Image... with AnyDVD HD
2) Burn the image to blank Blu-ray disc with ImgBurn.

Last edited:
Meh, double layer blanks are expensive. Don't you know that with BD-Rebuilder you can shrink an entire disc do single layer size in a process similar to what cloneDVD does for DVD's and at virtually no quality loss

Meh, double layer blanks are expensive. Don't you know that with BD-Rebuilder you can shrink an entire disc do single layer size in a process similar to what cloneDVD does for DVD's and at virtually no quality loss

... and it takes a long time to read, process, burn. That's why I only use harddrives to store images. Using BD media simply sucks. ;)

yeah but ya can't exactly hook up an external drive to a player (most ifnot all) must be formatted as fat32 to be seen and there aint 1 blu-ray that small :p

ok so looking at the file it is 35GB and the disk i have are only 25GB so i have to shrink it. thank for the help i know i am kinda slow at this but regular DVD's were so easy compared to this.

with 50gb disk still on joy

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.8.7.0)
HL-DT-ST BD-REWH08LS20 2.00 021027099O9B585536
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Current profile: BD-ROM
Media is a Blu-ray disc.

Total size: 14982752 sectors (29263 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: BRIDESMAIDS_RENTAL
Media is AACS protected!
AACS MKB version 23
Removed AACS copy protection!
Note: automatic detection of region code not possible with this disc.
Blu-ray Java signatures fixed!
BD-Live deactivated!
Removed UOPs!
Removed annoying trailers!

You don't say what the problem is. Just saying 'no joy' doesn't help at all. If the discs aren't ripping then you need to look at the drive or the discs as Blu-rays don't contain structural protection. If you're having an issue with burning back to disc then you need to either buy blanks that are big enough to burn the image back to or shrink the movie using BD Rebuilder. Clown BD doesn't 'shrink' the disc it allows you to remove parts you don't want whereas BD Rebuilder will actually re-encode the video to fit on smaller media

Also do you know if your firmware is 2.00 or 2.00.03? It doesn't usually tell you on screen because of LG's stupid numbering (only show the first 2 digits after the decimal point), but 2.00.03 came out in December of last year so it might be worth updating to 2.00.03 as that may give you better performance and they may have put in a profile for your blank bd-r's

Last edited:
Back