• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Awkward problem --- need software advice

jpmccusa

I've got a DVD which is formatted for widescreen-only --- adjusting the DVD player from Widescreen to Letterbox or Pan&Scan doesn't affect the image at all. I was hoping someone could recommend a freeware program that would allow the image to be scrunched for watching on a full screen TV (while preserving the subtitles if possible). The disc is in PAL, and I want the output to be PAL as well. I thought that WinFF would do the trick, but it didn't work out as I'd hoped.

Thanks for any help!

it's normally a setting on the TV that you have to change

Years ago, when I was building standard definition widescreen movies 16:9 to filt on a full screen 4:3 TV to remove the black north and south borders I would do the following.

1. Use TMPGEnc plus to crop the picture before encoding.
2. Use the first level of zoom on your TV remote
3. And of course adjust the DVD player and TV for full screen and not widescreen.
:agree:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, I guess I wasn't clear

I guess I didn't get the point across. There are no black bars --- if you adjust the set to show wide screen, everything is fine --- but many people don't have that option. The picture looks tall and thin. With an anamorphic WS DVD, you just have to adjust the player, but it doesn't work with this disc, which is widescreen only.

Back