• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AVG False positive confirmed

Latest Release of AnyDVDHD

I just got an email for a new version of AnyDVDHD 6.5.4.4. I logged on to my machine at home and downloaded it. When the download was complete my AVG A/V Software threw up a warning that the file contained a Virus "Win32/Themida".

Is this correct?

The problem is with AVG so tell them to exclude this in a update and give out an update soon.

I just got an email for a new version of AnyDVDHD 6.5.4.4. I logged on to my machine at home and downloaded it. When the download was complete my AVG A/V Software threw up a warning that the file contained a Virus "Win32/Themida".

Is this correct?

Themida is not a virus, it's a protection.
AVG (and only AVG) just doesn't get that right...

OK so I can ignore the warning... That's cool. I just wanted to warn everyone that it may be an issue.

As long as you are using AVG the newest update won't install right nor run though. Might look into avast home free version that seems to be doing ok on my testing.

As long as you are using AVG the newest update won't install right nor run though
not unless you create an exception in avg's resident shield.
when you then go to install anydvd,click 'ignore' on the avg warning pop up and it'll install as normal.

Downloaded and installed any dvd 6544 will not start after reboot

I installed the newest Anydvd version 6544 and now it will not load:bang: tried to run previous version 6540 and it will not load. Message on down load indicated that a virus was contained in the file. I read in the forum that this was not true concerning the virus win32/Themida. I directed AVG to put the virus in the Vault and continued to download the the newest version that I was informed today 4-30-09 by email that it was ready to download. I then installed the 6544 version and rebooted. I now have zero access to my anydvd HD application. Whats up? Please Help:confused:

I installed the newest Anydvd version 6544 and now it will not load:bang: tried to run previous version 6540 and it will not load. Message on down load indicated that a virus was contained in the file. I read in the forum that this was not true concerning the virus win32/Themida. I directed AVG to put the virus in the Vault and continued to download the the newest version that I was informed today 4-30-09 by email that it was ready to download. I then installed the 6544 version and rebooted. I now have zero access to my anydvd HD application. Whats up? Please Help:confused:

AVG is triggering a false positive. There is no virus (if you download directly from Slysoft's website). Report the bug to AVG: click http://freeforum.avg.com/read.php?4,104930,backpage=,sv=

Hello,

When i want to install this version my AVG 8.5 says that it has a virus.

It's ok ?

Thanks.

Latest Release of AnyDVDHD

I got the alarm myself, sent them a report, they replied saying they acknowledge it is a false positive indeed. The next Definitions update will fix the false positive.

So AnyDVD 6.5.4.4 is fine, it's not infected by a virus, AVG made a mistake.

I just did the folder exception in Resident Shield and all seems to be fine right now...

I got the alarm myself, sent them a report, they replied saying they acknowledge it is a false positive indeed. The next Definitions update will fix the false positive.

So AnyDVD 6.5.4.4 is fine, it's not infected by a virus, AVG made a mistake.

Thank you for the update

clicking "Ignore" in AVG doesn't help ...

Just by chance I ripped the two movies I wanted to my Hdd before I installed the update.
What happens it that it appears to install but never reappears in the System Tray.:(
Waiting on the AVG correction.

If AVG is disabled the warning message, when rebooted, and the "no install" result if you click "Ignore", remains.
I'll just have to wait till AVG fixes this ( and no, I'm not happy.:mad:).

Back