• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Average BluRay movie size ?

stereo55

Got a quicky question ....

about how large (file size) is the average Bluray movie once its cut down to just copy the movie itself ???

TIA :)

Last edited:
Got a quicky question ....

about how large (file size) is the average Bluray movie once its cut down to just copy the movie itself ???

TIA :)
There is no real average as it all depends on the movie length and the birate used for the film

it couls be 13gb (happyfeet i think)to 40gb
it depends on the movie
it depends on the audio tracks subty that u wanna keep

everybody personal choice is different

*edited

Ok thx . guys

So it seems if I use a regular 8.5GB DVD+R DL (non blu disc) , the average Blu movie (movie only) will/may fit but will probably compromise the quality too much ?

Last edited:
with a lot of movies you'd be lucky to fit it on a single layer Blu-ray, you won't fit it on a DL DVD without splitting it into pieces or shrinking the video file (which will lose quality)

In very general terms most commercial BD-ROM disks with just the MOVIE ONLY are approximately 17gb to 27gb.

Use TSMUXER to downsize the Blu-ray disk to the options you want.
Downsizing equals same bitrate as the source disk, no compression, no re-encoding.

EXAMPLE:
A 23gb movie could be put on:
ONE 25gb BD-R disk
OR
THREE DVD+R DL (8.5gb each) BD-9 disks

Video quality the same

I have 182 "stripped down" Blu Ray movies which add up to 3,458GB

3458GB/182=19GB

ocgw

peace:)

I have 182 "stripped down" Blu Ray movies which add up to 3,458GB
3458GB/182=19GB
ocgw
peace:)

I have 1486 discs of Blu-ray, total size is 39,660GB, average is 26.68GB per disc

I have 1486 discs of Blu-ray, total size is 39,660GB, average is 26.68GB per disc

:eek: thats a heck of alot of blu-rays and boat load of data...:confused:
Sounds Like You Got Every Blu-ray just about thats out there....:)

Starz

Back