• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AVENGERS forcing subtitles

Jalabar

Subtitles and subtitle languages both have "English" checked. Subtitle properties has nothing checked.
I have the option on both my stand-alone players to choose or not choose subtitles. Choosing "none" in the subtitle menu of my DVD players still does nothing.

Subtitles are always on when playing my back-up copy.

I am using AnyDVD and CloneDVD together to make these back-ups.

I can uncheck all subtitles to stop it from having subtitles in CloneDVD. And it does work. But I at least need English subtitles.
I have attached an AnyDVD log file. But I think it may be my CloneDVD settings.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.0.9.0_Info_E_MARVELS_THE_AVENGERS.zip
    393.4 KB · Views: 1
I am guess your making a DVD9 move to DVD5 format? If so you could just use CloneDVD to compress the DVD9 to DVD5 without any removal of subtitiles and have all it's features intact? Have you tried that? This is if your going from DVD9 movie format to DVD5 compress format you do loose some image quality but that depends on the screen size you watch it with.

In the CloneDVD preferences, under the Remastering options, do you have "Enabled auto-selection for removed streams" checked? If you do, UNcheck it and try another backup. The right-click context help for the option does say enabling it can confuse some DVD players. The option DOES include subtitle streams.

Thanks gentlemen. I tested both ways and it seems I just needed to check in most subtitle boxes. Like subtitle language, subtitle properties and the one that simply says subtitles in the left column. I think checking in all the subtitles properties was the key (minus some French and Spanish subtitle boxes in the main left column). I'm ripping with different boxes checked and unchecked to see the results of each. This means burning a lot of media just to see the exact boxes that needed to be checked in. Out of media for now. But I will try to get it down to just that one box that needed to be checked in. Thanks again men!

Jalabar

You don't need to burn the output to a blank disc just to see if you have the correct subtitle/audio/video stream(s) selected. I personally use VLC player to do a quick play check (without menus) and only burn when I get what I want.

If you backup the DVD to an image just mount the ISO with virtual drive software such as Virtual CloneDrive and you can playback the output with Windows Media Player, with menus. If you backup to a folder you can right click the output folder and use the context menu to select playing in VLC.

Why waste media when you don't have to.

Back