• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Avast AntiVirus & Avira report AnyDVD as a virus

calinomo

Todays newest update of Avast reports AnyDVD as a virus. I know this is a false positive and have reported as such to Avast.

Anydvd and avast

i use avast, newest update as of june 26 2009, i have not had any problems at all with avast reporting anydvd as a virus, i am running both on 2 computers and niether has given me problems

Avira antivirus reports file as threat.

Avira antivirus has reported one file in AnyDVD as a problem.

C:\Program Files\SlySoft\AnyDVD\RgDrvls.exe
[DETECTION] Contains a recognition pattern of the (harmful) BDS/Agent.ahyk back-door program

I just wanted to verify that RgDrvls.exe is a valid part of AnyDVD. Avira moved it to quarantine.

AnyDVD and Clone DVD just worked to copy a disk okay without it.

To add to what Frank said, the issue has already been reported about 5 posts down: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=31652.

Contact Avira and submit whatever file was deemed infected or problematic. If you obtained the installer from Slysoft's servers then the file is not infected and this is a false-positive.

Todays newest update of Avast reports AnyDVD as a virus. I know this is a false positive and have reported as such to Avast.

calinomo, I wanted to take the time to thank you for your notifying us of this problem as well as the way you did so. Most times when people report this type of issues they shout "Fire!" in a movie theatre. Your post was concise and tempered. You also did exactly as a person receiving a detection should do and that is reporting it to your AV vendor.

I commend you on your actions and thank you for doing this in exactly the manner in which is should be done. :)

I just wanted to verify that RgDrvls.exe is a valid part of AnyDVD. Avira moved it to quarantine.

It isn't anymore. AnyDVD no longer contains RgDrvls.exe

I mistakenly merged two threads into this single one. I misread and didn't see the difference between Avast and Avira. Nonetheless, the detection is a false positive and should be reported to the respective AV vendor.

My apologies for my screw-up. I have slightly changed the thread title to encompass both Avira and Avast.

Last edited:
It isn't anymore. AnyDVD no longer contains RgDrvls.exe

I mistakenly merged two threads into this single one. I misread and didn't see the difference between Avast and Avira. Nonetheless, the detection is a false positive and should be reported to the respective AV vendor.

Mmm . . .

But where are people getting rgdrvls.exe from? Seems a little suspicious since Anydvd no longer contains it. Perhaps someone's crack contains a virus.

Mmm . . .

But where are people getting rgdrvls.exe from? Seems a little suspicious since Anydvd no longer contains it. Perhaps someone's crack contains a virus.

You make a good point and I always try to be precise in my wording.

Let me clarify... "As long as the installer was downloaded from the Slysoft server then the detection is a false positive."

Any virus-like behavior resulting from someone downloading an installer from another source or using a crack is not the responsibility of Slysoft and any and all damage which may occur is solely on the shoulders of the person who unwisely went down that road.

I forgot to add in my earlier post that avast is reporting the same rgdvls.exe problem as is avira. odd indeed, i have been using this software since feb. 06 currently running the beta 6.5.6.2. my copy is certainly not a crack version, i paid the bargain price of $29.00 U.S. back then. anyway avast has not done anything about it yet . since it is no longer part of the program, should i just delete it. or wait to see what avast does about it. thanks for your time.:confused:

I forgot to add in my earlier post that avast is reporting the same rgdvls.exe problem as is avira. odd indeed, i have been using this software since feb. 06 currently running the beta 6.5.6.2. my copy is certainly not a crack version, i paid the bargain price of $29.00 U.S. back then. anyway avast has not done anything about it yet . since it is no longer part of the program, should i just delete it. or wait to see what avast does about it. thanks for your time.:confused:

Here's what I would do:

Exit out of all Slysoft programs and reinstall

a) Keep your license key file backed up safely
b) Uninstall Anydvd (start-->all programs-->Slysoft--->Anydvd-->Uninstall)
c) Delete rgdrvls.exe
d) Reboot
e) Download Anydvd http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6562.exe
f) Exit all Slysoft programs (including Anydvd, Clonedvd2, Clonecd, Clonecdtray, Clonedvdmobile, etc.). Check Windows Task Manager if you have to.
g) At this point disable your antivirus and firewall programs
h) Reinstall
i) Reboot
j) Install your license key (if required) http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=732
k) At this point enable your antivirus and firewall programs

did as suggested. also had to dump all sytem restore points as they were infected too. at least according to avast. all is good now. latest scan came up empty. thanks people, as a 1 click user i dont usually have anything to input on this forum,however i do check it everyday for news and updates. you people do a great job here. thanks again:)

Here's what I would do:

Exit out of all Slysoft programs and reinstall

a) Keep your license key file backed up safely
b) Uninstall Anydvd (start-->all programs-->Slysoft--->Anydvd-->Uninstall)
c) Delete rgdrvls.exe
d) Reboot
e) Download Anydvd http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6562.exe
f) Exit all Slysoft programs (including Anydvd, Clonedvd2, Clonecd, Clonecdtray, Clonedvdmobile, etc.). Check Windows Task Manager if you have to.
g) At this point disable your antivirus and firewall programs
h) Reinstall
i) Reboot
j) Install your license key (if required) http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=732
k) At this point enable your antivirus and firewall programs

However, http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6562.exe does not exist----->404 - Not Found
I am receiving the same Virus warning with Avast with RgDrvls.exe of AnyDVD 6.5.5.9, the latest available at http://www.slysoft.com/en/download.html This must be due to some change made in the program recently or to Avast's virus definitions, since I have been using AnyDVD for years without any such issue.

However, http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6562.exe does not exist----->404 - Not Found

Of course not. You're replying to a thread that's almost a month old. Check the top of this forum for the latest file. Currently, the latest version is 6.5.6.9 beta.

This must be due to some change made in the program recently

Nope. Unless your definition of "recently" includes an almost month old version of Anydvd--which doesn't even include the file you're talking about . . .

As RgDRvls isn't a part of Anydvd anymore, I have no clue where you got that file from.

Last edited:
Of course not. You're replying to a thread that's almost a month old. Check the top of this forum for the latest file. Currently, the latest version is 6.5.6.9 beta.

Nope. Unless your definition of "recently" includes an almost month old version of Anydvd--which doesn't even include the file you're talking about . . .
As RgDRvls isn't a part of Anydvd anymore, I have no clue where you got that file from.

I got it from AnyDVD and I always download directly from SlySoft. The last time I downloaded a new version was today, the official, non-beta version. I ran Avast AV scan and it reports RgDRvls as a virus. I understand quite well that it is not actually a virus, but that is where I got it from. I will download the beta version soon. I am not all that concerned about this 'virus' since I do not think it is one. I am more concerned about the Swine Flu virus actually. (I am trying to make a joke, but I think it comes across rather flat)
Thanks for the quick reply.

I got it from AnyDVD

James, the main developer of Anydvd, clearly indicated the file you mentioned isn't used by Anydvd anymore. So Anydvd doesn't actually contain that file. It's possible you received it from older Anydvd installations, but there's no way that file is currently coming from Slysoft.

James said:
AnyDVD no longer contains RgDrvls.exe

tknterry said:
I understand quite well that it is not actually a virus

Well, considering that file no longer comes from Anydvd, I wouldn't be so sure, as I have no clue where you got that file from.

Back