Autoplay problem - XP

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (DVD issues)' started by JaceyBoy, Jan 10, 2008.

1. JaceyBoy

JaceyBoy Member

Has anyone found the fix for the problem with Anydvd yet?, when I un-install anydvd the autoplay works fine, when I have the software on it doesnt?

2. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

"PC-Friendly" in Anydvd disables autoplay on video-dvds for good reason: some of these discs contain nasty programs that you do not want on your computer.

You can disable PC-Friendly if you want to, but that's not a good idea if you want to help ensure those programs won't end up on your system.

3. JaceyBoy

JaceyBoy Member

So basically there is no fix yet?? I am loading normal films and music cd's and it doesnt work

4. Webslinger

Basically, nothing needs to be fixed since you can disable PC-Friendly yourself.

Disabling PC friendly is not advisable unless you're smart enough to know whether you're going to be putting
    a rootkit on your system. PC Friendly is a feature in Anydvd that helps to protect its users.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2008
  5. JaceyBoy

JaceyBoy Member

It does nothing, still doesnt work, and have re-booted as well

6. Webslinger

1. You've gone into video-dvd-->settings--->unchecked PC friendly, and clicked "ok"?

2. Right click the red fox icon and exit Anydvd. Any difference?

3. You don't need to reboot.

7. JaceyBoy

JaceyBoy Member

Yep, no difference at all

8. Webslinger

Then it's not an Anydvd issue. If Anydvd is not running, it can't interfere with Autoplay.

9. JaceyBoy

JaceyBoy Member

No sorry I mean with anydvd switched on it doesnt work with pc friendly off, with anydvd exited it does work (autorun)

10. Webslinger

Last edited: Jan 10, 2008
  11. JaceyBoy

JaceyBoy Member

Thanks, but still doesnt work, the baloon knows there is a disc, but doesnt come up and says disc drive is "Empty"

12. Webslinger

Ohh . . .

O.k., well this is a different problem. Your problem actually is that Anydvd isn't seeing the disc, right?

1. Ensure that you're using 6.3.0.8 beta: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=80022&postcount=1

2. click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=1559 and follow the steps (especially 3 and 4). Note that step 4 requires you to post information

13. JaceyBoy

JaceyBoy Member

Thanks but none of that works for me

14. Webslinger

That would actually imply that you've followed my instructions--and you haven't.

15. JaceyBoy

JaceyBoy Member

Yes I really cant be bothered to go further with this, I am accepting that it wont do it!