• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Auto update setting

iansilv

Is there a setting that I can just check that will always automatically download and install a new update if it exists?

no, you will be mailed to your registered email address. if anydvd is running on a internet connected PC (and the box is ticked to allow it) you will be informed via a speech-bubble that there is a new version to download.

I second the mention.

AnyDVD needs an auto-update function, just like GameJackal or many other programs on the market have.

It's necessary because of the frequent updates.

Thank you!
BurnerHEAD

I thought that was exactly why they don't put in auto update because it can set off antivirus software

For the record game jackal does not auto update but it rather notifies you there is an update.

For the record, what do you think is the Update Utility doing? Downloading the update.

:agree:

Jep auto-update function should be like the ones from anti-virus software.

Not in AnyDVD HD it doesn't, it just informs you then when you choose update it takes you to the website

Not wanting to be provocative, but wouldn't an auto-update feature involve a lot of extra coding? Less coding=less chance of bugs?

The problem with doing automatic updates is that there are some people who don't like beta updates, usually because there still might be some bugs present and wait for the next stage of the update to load on their computer.

I use beta updates all the time, especially when it comes to the latest and greatest ripping tools.

I believe DVD fans should be more concerned about how to remove old or out of date software programs TOTALLY FROM THEIR COMPUTER. This means total removal from the start programs, hard drive, registry, prefetch, hidden folders.

:agree:

Sorry you corrected no one I am not here to debate but to auto update isn't something I want to see. For the record none of slysoft's products do any auto updates it simply informs you on a new update to download and install.

Play nice else I'm gonna issue warnings. Debating is fine, but, be respectful. Thank you.

:policeman:

For the record, what do you think is the Update Utility doing? Downloading the update.

What update utility? Clicking "update" in Game Jackal only checks for updates. Before Slysoft acquired Game Jackal, Game Jackal would download and install the update. But that's not true anymore.

Last edited:
Umm... ok I dont see what the problem is here. I would like to see an OPTION to automatically downlaod updates- or maybe an option to download released versions, released versions and betas, or not at all. I want the option to do it. If you don't want it, then it would not affect you.

I want this so my htpc will stay updated transparently.

This has been explained before, the reason they don't do it is because it could set off Antivirus software

This has been explained before, the reason they don't do it is because it could set off Antivirus software

Yes, it has, and the explanations given by James have always been reasonable but this is one of those topics that runs on a cyclical schedule and gets brought up approximately every 6 months or so.

Isn't that why the forum has a search engine? So people can check before posting?

Isn't that why the forum has a search engine? So people can check before posting?

Yes, the Search feature does exist for a reason but many people are either somehow don't see it right up there between the New Posts and Quick Links links or simply feel that using the Search feature only applies to other people.

In some cases Search can be difficult like being unable to search for "Mac" but searching for "auto-update" results in pages of posts containing the phrase.

Last edited:
Back